Friday, February 22, 2008

Jill and Raheem Friday, Old School Saturday???

Its almost the weekend. I'm so used to Thursday being the end of my work week, but since I got that new job and have to work M-F now, I'll have to postpone my elation at not working. I should have a pretty full weekend, if everything pans out the way its supposed to. Who am I kidding? It's not gonna happen...

Friday, I work a half day and then I'm going to see Jill Scott. You remember I bought the tickets damn near 2 months ago, and the day is finally here. I should be more excited than I am, but I can't seem to muster that emotion. Probably because I know that something is gonna piss me off before I get there. Be it the rain (and really can we stop talking about being in a drought when it does nothing but rain since the New Year) or the traffic (When I get off work, its gonna be smack dab in the middle of rush hour) or the parking situation (the concert is downtown at The Fabulous Fox, which is a cool ass venue. I saw Prince there waaaaaaayy back in 93. Anyway the point, besides using unnecessary parentheses is that I don't know where to park downtown, and I always get lost). I know that once I get in, all that is gonna go away, but I'm still tempering my excitement until that time. I wish I could bring my camera, but they made a very big deal about mentioning no pictures on the tickets themselves and I'm not trying to have some security guard take my joint. I can't let that happen; how else am I gonna take crazy pictures of myself all the time. Opening act is Raheem Devaughn, who I'm pretty impressed with. I dig both of his albums and his version of "Prototype" has been in heavy rotation for about 2 years now. I could make a list of all the Jill Scott songs I hope she sings, but I really need to hear this one. I always liked it, but I gained an even greater appreciation of it when PYT (the artist formerly known as Youngster) sang it to me. Anyway, expect some raspy voiced Utterz from the concert, cuz you know I always think about my blog fam...

Saturday, I'm supposed to hang out with some of the co workers at the Old School Saturday joint. I can pretty much tell you right now, that I wont be going. I hate that its only one Saturday a month, and always seems to fall at a time that I don't feel like going. It's like the other weekends, it would be all good, but the actual weekend, I'm either doing something else, or in one of my withdrawn moods. How can I tell that I'll be in that mood on Saturday, you ask? I just know. It might have to do with the cold and rainy forecast which is not exactly conducive for drunken good times, or it might be because I am already going out on Friday. Regardless, if I show, it'll be a miracle. I didnt exchange phone numbers with the co worker, so it'll just be a hit or miss thing. I hope they are not waiting on me.

On another note, I am completely addicted to Utterz. Anybody who hasn't already signed up should do so expeditiously. I want to hear what you guys sound like. I don't know if its one step away from a phone convo, as someone told me, but its pretty darn cool. Don't make me beg. Soon as I finish typing this, I'll probably go record another one (not 10 minutes though). If you do it, let me know, so I can stalk follow your Utterz. On that note, I'm gonna call it a night. I hope everyone has a Happy Friday and weekend. One!