Saturday, March 8, 2008

Making The Blog Pt 4

I wrote this one at work too, so there maybe some errors... Look past them please...

When we last left off, R. Jizzy was trying to think up ways to shake up the competition... Lets see what he came up with...


Rashan: I now it’s only been a couple of days, but I need to do something to shake things up. R. Jizzy don’t stand pat for no one. We keeps it real round here. I already got cats talking back, being apathetic, acting like Making the blog aint the most important opportunity of their writing lives. I can’t stand for that, so I’m gonna make some changes round here. First I need to tell my captains what’s about to go down….

Rashan is sitting in a studio playing with the equalizer boards. Sam Cooke’s “A Change Gonna Come” plays in the background. Enter Jameil and Diva…

Rashan: Thanks for joining me ladies. I gotta make some tough decisions and I’m hoping you can help

Jameil: What’s going on?

Rashan: I need something to shake up the troops. I think they are getting happy just being here and not willing to put in the work. They procrastinating and I can’t have that.

Dvia: It’s only been 2 assignments, Are you sure you are ready to get rid of them yet? Some of these bloggers have lots of potential.

Rashan: I gots to.

Diva: I’m just saying, I don’t want you to do anything rash and lose one of the better bloggers here.

Rashan: I understand, but I’ve made up my mind. What I need you to do is to help me make my decision. You read the first two assignments. I unfortunately have busy elsewhere with my Blogger duties and haven’t seen the work. I need to know based on what you know about me, who do you think should go home?

Jameil: Can’t you read them yourself? Why you trying to make us the bad guys.

Rashan: Don’t worry, nobody will know that you made the decision, besides, that’s what being the captain is all about. You gotta be able to make the tough decisions.

Jameil: How many are you cutting?

Rashan: I got too many here… lets take 2 from each team.

Diva: 4?

Rashan: yes, you have mastered math! Now lets make this decision…

Rashan, Jameil and Diva continue their conversation, but it is inaudible. There again, lots of hand movements and animated discussion…

Confessional Cam:

Diva: I thought Jizzy was going a little overboard with the cuts, but I think we might have actually helped out the team I should be able to work more closely with this new team.

Jameil: If I had my choice, I know who would be leaving, but it ain’t about me. It’s all about what Jizzy wants. So let’s see how it works out.

New Scene:

The bloggers are standing on a raised platform…ala Flavor of Love. Jizzy is standing in front of them, with Jameil and Diva flanking him.

Rashan: I know you are probably wondering why you are all here. Let’s not waste anymore time…. I’m making some cuts. It’s not a reflection upon you personally, but what I need in order to make my blog the best I can. I hope that you will all take this in the spirit in which it’s given…I’m not saying you aren’t good enough, I’m just saying that you aren’t a fit for the blog I’m trying to make.

Confessional:

Desy: Word? So soon. I didn’t think it would go down this quick.

Monie: I’m not really worried. I can tell from his comments to me that he likes my style. I know I’m gonna continue on in this competition.

Resume Scene:

Rashan: If I call your name, I want you to come up here. Caesar, come up here…

(Caesar steps up)

Rashan: I heard we have a little issue with the use of profanity in your writing.

Caesar: Da @#$% are you talking about? I don’t curse that much…

Rashan: Understand, I don’t have a problem with it. I just want you to make sure that all of your colorful language doesn’t detract from the point you are trying to get across.

Caesar: So, I’m cut???

Rashan: Slow down, playa! La, get up here!

La walks up and stands next to Caesar…

Rashan: Did you two get a chance to get to know each other?

La: Not yet.

(They shake hands)

Rashan: Caesar, I want you to read La’s page… She’s a curser too, but things are a little different. Her cursing adds to the post, rather than distracts from it. It’s a subtle thing, but I think you could benefit from learning the difference.

Caesar: So, I’m cut?

Rashan: Hold on, playa! I’m not done…La, you and Diva had some problems earlier?

La: No, we didn’t. I was just playing with her. I have a sense of humor that takes some time to get used to.

Rashan: That sense of humor was one of the reasons I invited you here. It’s very similar to mine. Plus you have some great writing skills.

La: Thanks Jizzy!

Rashan: Don’t thank me yet. Did I make a mistake putting you on the same team as Joy and X actor. I know that you are close. Are you gonna be able to focus on making the blog?

La: I’m all about the blog, Jizzy!

Caesar: I don’t mean to interrupt… but am I cut?

Rashan: Damn Caesar, you got somewhere else to be? No, you aren’t cut. Get out of here and take La with you.

Caesar and La leave

Confessional Cam:

La: I’m still here. Jizzy is dead wrong for tryna make me think I was going home. Although, I do miss my Honey!

Resume Scene:

Rashan: Minerva are you here?

(Everybody looks around, but can’t find her)

Rashan: Anybody seen Minerva during the whole time we been here? Anybody see a comment or a new post from her? I didn’t think so… I think I have to cut her. If anyone sees her anywhere, go head and tell her.

Rashan: Who’s next… Stace and X Factor… Come on up….

The 2 come upstage…

Rashan: I’m not gonna even drag this out. You all are in. X, I wanna thank you fr your 3 part post. That was really touchingt.
Stace, you’ve been writing very consistently. I look forward to seeing wahts next….

Stace and X Factor leave…

Confessional Cam:

X Factor: Whew… lets go get some sushi and some dranks… Anybody know anything about that Nuvo?

Stace: Let’s do it…

Resume Scene:

Rashan: DJ Diva…come on up… I dig your blog. I really do, it’s just not the format of mine. I’ll be sure to come check out your Mixtape Mondays. I rock out to it, but there are too many copyright issues, and with all my haters, the last one I need on my back is the RIAA. I’m gonna have to put you on hiatus…

Confessional Cam:

Jameil: Is Jizzy just gonna keep cutting my team.. We are fabulous.. didn’t you see our shirts?

… Insert picture when I get home from work…

Rashan: We gonna make 2 more cuts… And lemme just say that none of these decisions came easy. But you know yo boy Jizzy got a huge ego… There are a few cats that haven’t been showing me love. I don’t know if they just busy or what, but for real… I need to see some comments to know that you still roll with your boy.

Confessional:

Eps: I knew he was talking bout me. I got a new girlfriend, and am busy with school, I hope he takes that into account. Not everyone has time to read everyday.

Resume Scene:

Rashan: Eps, Joy and 2nd 68 come on up…

(they come up)

What’s the deal… you volunteered for this Making the blog thing, but you ain’t ever coming around. Spreading the comment love…

2nd 68 – You haven’t commented on my blog in months…

Rashan: This ain’t about me.. I’m Jizzy… I’m making this blog…

2nd 68 – I only stopped by cuz Diva’s my homegirl and for some reason she seems to like your arrogant ass…

Rashan: Hold on, dawg!

2nd 68: You ain’t got to worry about cutting me… I’m leaving on my own. You are terrible.

Rashan: Wait… I’m supposed to..

(2nd 68 storms off, Diva starts laughing…)

Rashan: Something funny, Jasmin?

Diva: Huh? I mean, nah. I’m okay….

Rashan: I guess I just got one more cut to make now, since somebody, just dipped out on me… Eps, I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, cuz I know how it is with a new girl. I mean I roll out on my friends all the time when I meet a new young lady. Matter of fact, the blog world is damn lucky, that I haven’t had a real girlfriend in ages… cuz ain’t no way I woulda posted this much…. Joy, I haven’t seen you by here in ages, and I know I come read yours… My ego can’t take that… I’m gonna have to put you on hiatus….

Confessional:

Joy: It’s all right. I was too busy trying to find a real job anyway. I still got love for Making The Blog….

Resume Scene:

Rashan: The rest of you are safe for now. I’m gonna be on top of things now. There are 12 of you left. This is gonna be a straight competition for here on out. You work with your teams, but you work for yourselves… Impress me with your posts.. and you stay. Come with the slackassness, and you gonna go home. Go relax, cuz we start up again first thing in the morning…

Confessional Cam:

Rashan: Aiight, I trimmed some of the fat…Got rid of some cats that I wasn’t quite sure really wanted to be here. It’s crunch time now. I’m gonna go think of some more adventures for the teams. More exciting posts, More drama… Let’s really make this blog!

End of Episode….