Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Apparently I forgot I had a blog, but here I am back again. It's Valentine's Day, the most irrelevant of the so called holidays for people like me: the perpetually unattached. I haven't celebrated for the last few years, but I know for many people this is a very important day. Valentine's Day can make or break a relationship. Here are a few dos and don'ts for having a Happy Valentine's Day from personal experience.

Don't be afraid to be original. A dozen red roses are nice, but something a little more creative will go a long way in impressing your date. Anyone can go to 1800Flowers.com and order a bouquet. Different and unique will keep your woman the envy of her friends

Make reservations. As a procrastinator, I've seen in the past that trying to find a restaurant at the last minute on Valentine's Day doesn't work. You don't wanna wind up taking her to the Waffle House.

Don't expect too much too soon. If you just met that man a month ago, don't assume that he will be getting you jewelry. And fellas, if you haven't had sex with her yet, don't assume that because you take her to Red Lobster that you are guaranteed to get some for the first time.

Fellas, if your woman says that she doesn't care about Valentine's Day, don't believe her. More than likely, she is gonna be sitting at work mad that the co worker she hates got flowers and she didn't.

Ladies, don't get your man flowers and teddy bears and stuff like that. He doesn't want them, and it will only embarrass him. A man only needs two things for V day. Food and sex. Pick one or pick both, but please don't give him the girly stuff that you want.

If you don't have a significant other, please do not fake it. I've seen people send themselves flowers from a so called secret admirer. We can see through that mess. Ain't nothing wrong with being single... you might even be able to hook up with another single person and have a good time.

Don't be surprised if you get the relationship talk over dinner. You may just be dating, but there's something about Valentine's Day that brings out the romantic in women. You may wanna be careful about inviting random girls out on this day. Next thing you know, your booty call is now your girlfriend.

Don't have 2 dates on Valentine's Day... Oh, wait maybe that was just me. I'll have to tell that story one day. LOL

I hope everyone out there has a wonderful Valentine's Day. Maybe next year, I'll be one of you romantic saps spending all my money for a Hallmark holiday. I don't sound bitter, do I? LOL Seriously, have a good day/week/month cuz who knows when I will post again.