Friday, January 19, 2007

Beats Rhymes and Life

I've been in a blog rut for awhile. Someone told me it was because I am no longer obsessed with the blog world, but I think it's bigger than that. I think that the blog world and the real world started to blend into one another and I had to take a step back. I shared too much while at the same time not sharing enough. I let people in on some of my inner most thoughts, but censored others. I let people get to know the real me, but when it came down to it, I avoided people like I always do. I'm proud of the work I did at It Was Written, but now it's time to move on. You ever meet someone who had dreads and then they cut them off because of "the energy" locked in their hair? I know I ain't the only one who met someone like that. Well, for the first time I can relate (as opposed to looking at Dread Head like they were high.) I feel that way about my old blog. I just need a fresh start.

This isn't about hiding. I plan to post the link to this blog on the old blog and anyone who wants to read is welcome. Yes, even those who I had e-beef with, or real life beef with. I'm not holding any grudges (well, I still got one grudge, but that's on me to deal with.) I'm not gonna make a private blog, cuz to me that kinda defeats the purpose. If I only wanted my friends to know what I was thinking, I could just talk to them. I really enjoy sharing my thoughts with strangers and either having them relate, or not. I'm also not gonna block anonymous comments, cuz I know some of the people that read this don't have Google accounts. I appreciate your reading everyday, even when you don't comment (hint hint- LOL).

So allow me to introduce Beats, Rhymes, and Life. I stole the title from the 1996 album by A Tribe Called Quest. They are one of my favorite groups, and that title really fits a hip hop head like myself. Even though its getting harder and harder to find quality hip hop music (that's another post), the beats and the rhymes are an integral part of my life. I hope this blog will serve as a reflection of my life. If you are an old reader, thanks for sticking with me and if you are a new reader, welcome to my life. I hope you like what you read.