Tuesday, January 30, 2007

WHAT?!?!?!

I know I wrote a post last night and published it, so where did it go? It's not in my drafts and I can't find it. Did anyone read it? I'm not going crazy am I?

Okay, well, I was half sleep when I wrote it, so I can't remember what I said, the gist of it was that I need to listen to the voice in my head. I think I did some split personality stuff and gave my alter ego a name. Since I can't find it anymore, I'll just have to do a new post.

This weekend, I actually got out a little bit. It started on Friday afternoon when I picked up my niece and nephew from school to hang out. I took them out for lunch. I had a great time with the kids just talking and laughing. The whole time the waitress was giving me that "awww, he likes kids" look. She was pretty, a little young, but pretty. When she brought the check, she put her phone number on the bill. It was cute... however, she neglected to include her name, so if I ever decide to call her I'll have to be like, can I speak to the waitress from Chili's on Northlake? LOL

After hanging out with the kids for most of the afternoon, I got a call to go out to dinner and drinking with my bougie friend (what up K! Don't get mad, you know I'm bougie too) and some others. We met up at Apres Midi in midtown. I had a couple of overpriced Grey goose and cranberry's and a Grand Marnier and some strange salmon pasta concoction that was good. Our waitress looked like Nelly Furtado, so that's what I called her. Like "Nelly, let me get another drink." She didn't like that very much, LOL. When we left the restaurant, it was only 12, so I wanted to find something else to do, but it didn't work out, so I just went home and read a book. I don't usually read, because I think I read too much in college, but I reread Plan B by Chester Himes ( I read it about 10 years ago, I think) in one sitting. That was my Friday.

Saturday and Sunday will have to wait, because I need to get back to work. You do anything exciting this weekend?