Friday, March 30, 2007

American Idol Is So Gay...

I don't watch American Idol, but I like many others am bombarded by the coverage of the show. If it's not on the internet, its on TV. If its not on TV, its coworkers and random people talking about it. I actually know some of the Idol wannabes' names even though I have never sat down and watched it. For me, I don't find the embarrassing auditions entertaining, rather they are painful to watch. Most of the finalists aren't too much better either from the clips that I've seen. They all seem to be trying too hard and over sing in my opinion... Anyway, this post wasn't designed to criticize the show, cuz it is what it is and obviously a lot of people love it. This is just one more example of how I am different from other people. My point was this... American Idol is so gay.(How gay is it?)

Are there any real male singers in the world? From watching American Idol, you wouldn't think so. The guys they have on that show have about as much testosterone as a sorority house. That dude Sanjaya??? That dude looks gay as hell. I don't know if he is gay in real life, but the image he is portraying on the show is. From his girl pants to the blouses he wears and the mohawk, ain't nothing manly about him. And he's not the only one. Some of the other contestants are way too effeminate, like the last guy to get voted off. I don't know his name, but he had spiral curls like one of my ex's used to get. Apparently it isn't just this year either, I read an article about one of last years contestants Mario Vazquez getting sued for allegedly sexually harassing another man. And lets not forget Clay Aiken, the gayest of them all. It's like being gay is a requirement for being on that show.

While we are on the topic of gay stuff, I want to talk about Grey's Anatomy. I remember when i first saw the show, I was thinking that O'Malley character was gay. If you ask people who know me, they will tell you that I think everyone is gay, but seriously, I thought that from the beginning. But now that he has come out of the closet, when I watch the show and I see him hooking up with women, it just seems really, really wrong. My inner intolerant voice is saying "yeah, right!" Is it just me? Can you watch an openly gay man play straight without at least thinking about it? I know I can't. I'm not saying gay people shouldn't play straight characters, but I know I'm going to notice it. It's like if a white actor was playing a black character or vice versa, I would notice it.

Well, this post has gone in a totally different direction than I thought it would when I started writing it, but oh well. It was supposed to be funny, but I went off course somewhere. I should really change the title, but I don't feel like coming up with something new. I just noticed that there have been a lot of gay related stories on the news lately. I hope I didn't offend any of you, if so, there's a flag for objectionable content at the top of the page. Do ya thing. Have a good weekend, and I'll get at you soon!