Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stuff I Don't Understand

I'm a couple of days late posting, but I still don't feel inclined to write a substantial post, so I'm just gonna post a few things that crossed my mind that I don't understand. I just don't get the following:

Bathing Apes: What the hell is a bathing ape? I know it's some kind of clothing line, but what is the significance of it? Is it like the new Cross Colours or FUBU? Why is it mentioned in every down south rap song? I must really be out of the loop.

Yahoo answers: Why do you ask questions of complete strangers and expect to get a straight answer? Whenever I'm on Yahoo sports, there are always inane questions like "who is the ugliest quarterback?" or "Do I need to wear a jock strap while running track?" The questions are stupid and the answers are even stupider.

Private Blogs: Relax, I'm not just talking about you, Wonder Woman. If you only want a few people to know your thoughts, can't you just text or call them? If we all had private blogs, there would be no blogosphere or no discovery of like minded or talented people. Basically, none of us would know each other. To me, it kind of defeats the purpose of sharing your thoughts anonymously over the internet.

R. Freakin Kelly: I don't understand how he can keep making the corniest songs out there and I still like them. Have you heard the "Same Girl' remix with T-Pain. It is so bad, that its good. And then he has the nerve to channel Michael Jackson at the end of the song. I don't know what is worse: the song or the fact that I listen to it.

The Georgia Department of Transportation: If you know there's gonna be mad traffic on I 75, why would you schedule road construction right before rush hour? It shouldn't take me an hour to go 10 miles.

And that's it for today's paltry post. I'm about to get some sleep, since this damn allergy medicine got me high like Bobby and Whitney (see R. Kelly's Same Girl remix). Hopefully, I will get inspired and write something less random tomorrow, but if not, then have a good weekend.