Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Robin Thicke's Wife is Fine...

The title? Just a random thought after seeing her in Deja Vu last night. Nothing to do with the post, just an observation...

I tried... I really tried to break out of my anti social behavior this weekend. It started off tenuously, but ended okay. What had happened was...

Friday - I had made plans to hang out with some friends at Fox Sports Grill Friday night. We were going have some drinks and stuff. It would be a nice change of pace and plus we know one of the bartenders there so the plan was to get some free or discounted drinks. As always, I didn't know who else would be there but I was committed to get out of the house so I don't have to write any more depressing ass posts like the other day. I figured we would go at night, so I ran my errands all day. Then I get a text message changing the plans. The ex co workers decided to go to Dave and Buster's for Happy Hour. By the time I actually checked my phone it was too late to drive across town in rush hour traffic to meet them so I chilled out figuring it to be another one of those do nothing Friday nights.

My phone rang again around 10. A current co worker called and said they were hitting up a strip club and wanted to know if I wanted to go. I reluctantly remembered my own words and decided that I would join them. Luckily, they wanted to go to Pin Ups, which is about 7 minutes away, so I met them up there around midnight. It was a cool scene, once we actually got inside. For some reason, they decided to hold the line like the club was packed, which I saw it wasn't when I got inside. I had never hung out with this guy from work, so I didn't really know what to expect. I hoped he wouldn't act a fool in the club, but he maintained all right and even followed most of my Strip Club Commandments. Side note: I don't understand why dudes go to the strip club to play pool all night. There were these two cats who swore they were playing for the Billiard's championship. Calling shots and trying to make me watch them play. Um, there's naked chicks around, I don't care if you about to sink the 8ball. Anyway, I made it out of there without spending too much loot with the exception of the overpriced beers and without falling in love with a stripper with the exception of Karisma (yes that's how she spelled it according to her strategically placed tattoo.) Mission accomplished, I went out on a Friday night and had some fun.

I had to work Saturday night, so no haps on the going out mission, but I did get a text telling me about a cookout on Sunday. I almost didn't go, but then again, I thought about my last post and sucked it up. I knew it would be fun, I just didn't feel like driving all the way up I 575 on a day I didn't have to work. Shit, I filled up my tank with some $3.09 a gallon gas, and wasn't trying to burn through it just yet. Well, since I didn't make it to hang out with them on Friday, I figured I would go out there on Sunday. They told me to be there at 2:00 which in CP time means 2:30 which in Rashan time means 3:00. So at about 3:15, I show up at my friends house ready fully expecting them to chastise me for my tardiness. But they weren't even home. They pulled up right behind me. We hopped in K's car and after a few stops wound up at Lake Alatoona. You know me, I had to count the number of other black people around besides us and there was exactly 1. As for our cookout party, we were mad multi cultural. We had black, white, mixed, and Mexicans there. They put the food on the grill and we just chilled out, or rather burned up as it was almost 90 degrees out there. Some of the people there decided to try to fish in the lake, but nobody caught anything. I for one didn't try it, because there ain't no way in hell, I was going to touch the bait. After a few hours and a few beers, we called it a day and I headed home.

There was my weekend. I went out twice in three days. That's progress right? Maybe next weekend, I'll do it again. Perhaps, I can go somewhere where I can actually meet some eligible women. I mean, there were mad women at the strip club (besides the dancers), but that's not exactly where I want to pick up chicks. Might wake up one day and she tells me she's really into women. And as far as the cookout, it's just like every other time I hang out with these people: there's never any unattached girls there. We'll just have to see how it goes next time. Memorial Day, GZA from WuTang is coming and then there's the Jazz Festival in Piedmont Park, and all kinds of stuff going on. Here's hoping I still have the motivation to go out. Well, it's now 6:45 in the morning. Time to grab a couple hours of sleep before work. Be easy!