Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Things That Annoy Me part 32

I decided to start including at least one random unrelated thought before each post.

Today's Random Thought - I need to find my Fear of A Black Hat tape. If you haven't seen that movie, its a satire about the rap industry that is 10 times funnier than CB4.

Things That Annoy Me

Rosie O' Donnell - It's not just her, but its the incessant media coverage of her. She is annoying enough without having to see clips of her yelling 10 times a day, even on so called legitimate news programs. That leads me to....

Fox News Channel - Man, sometimes I just can't help myself. I know its gonna annoy me, but I have to watch it occasionally just to see what bullshit they will be talking. They are the most smug, nonobjective "journalists" I have ever seen.

Radio commercials for clubs- If I hear one more person say that their club is for the grown and sexy I might scream. And the commercials that say all ladies free before 11 and men free before 10pm. Who is going to the club that early to save a few bucks? And I'm sorry, but not every club can be the "hottest spot in the ATL." Just gets on my nerves.

Bad Parents - I was at my nephew's 5th grade graduation the other day. I was hanging outside with my baby nephew since he didn't want to keep still. I see this lady who has a 6 month old in one arm and a cigarette in her other hand. I wanted to call DFACs on her ass. I smoke, but I know better than to do it in front of the kids. That wasn't the worst thing I saw though. Another mother left her 3 year old outside with her newborn baby, while she took her 6 year old to the bathroom. (all ages approximate) I mean the little boy can't take care of himself, so how is he gonna take care of a newborn. I had to keep an eye on them because I didn't want them to get kidnapped or something, but it just really annoyed me.

Dumb Athletes - Michael Vick? I can't even talk about that. If he messes up a $100 million contract for some dog fighting, he deserves it, cuz that's just damn stupid. I'm of the opinion that most athletes should just play sports and leave the conversation for people who got their degree in something other than basket weaving. It seems like every day, I read about a professional sports star saying or doing something stupid. Just keep your mouth shut and go count your money, you rich idiots! That leads into the next one...

Rich people- They annoy me because they think being rich gives them a sense of entitlement. Or maybe just because they are rich and I'm not.

Laws named after crime victims - Amber Alert, Megan's Law, Joshua's Law... That's just annoying to me. Like they were the only people who ever were victims of a crime. And God forbid we name a law after some one who isn't blond and blue eyes. Where's Hector's Law or Raheem's Law? I'm sure the black and brown have just as many if not more crimes committed against them.

People who argue in Public - True Story. The other day I was on my break at work and one of my co workers asked to borrow my phone. I let him use and then I hear him arguing with his wife. I take a few steps away so as not to be involved in his drama and he starts walking in the same direction I am. I go even further and he follows me some more. I guess he wanted me to actually hear his argument, but I really wasn't tryna hear that shit. After the phone call, he decided to talk to me about how his wife "was fucking up" and how he had to "put her in her place." I was appalled. Leave that mess for home, man.

I 575 - I only have to be on this highway for about 3 miles to get to work, but damn if there isn't an accident or road construction every day. I don't know what it is, but those 3 miles are the longest, most annoying part of my commute to work.

Bad Rap - Man, there is so much bad rap out now a days. I mean, its like every thing is dumbed down so much, that Luke would be considered a lyrical genius now a days. The worst part about it is that I find myself knowing the words and bobbing my head to the beat. Damn catchy nursery school raps.

My Insomnia - I wish I could get to sleep before 6 am every now and then. I mean I'm not even close to be tired. Last week, I tried staying up all night and all day, in the hopes that I would be so tired that I could get to sleep earlier. Well I did fall asleep early, but then I woke up a few hours later and found myself on the same messed up sleeping schedule as before.

People from other places that talk shit about where they are - This includes New York niggaz who are always glorifying Brooklyn, but live in Atlanta. Africans who move to America and think they are better than American Black people. (Not to mention the ones who own the Taco Bell up the street and can't make a taquito or Grande Soft Taco right). And the people who move waaay out with the white people and then complain that there aren't any brothas around. I mean, if everything is so good where you come from, why are you here?

Other People's Procrastination - I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator, but I hate when other people do it. Correction, I hate when other people procrastinate and then I have to get involved. For instance, I had to help someone move today, but I didn't find out until around 5 pm. So at midnight, we finally finished packing up the Uhaul. I wasn't doing anything, but you know if I was, someone would have been disappointed.

And finally... I am really annoyed when people are intentionally cryptic. I mean, you don't have to tell all your business, I'm not asking that. All I need is just some background information so that what you are saying makes a little sense. Or maybe I can evaluate the situation with a little more insight. And yes, you this is in reference to our conversation Sunday night. Wait a minute... I was just cryptic my damn self. LOL.

Okay, so that's enough of the things that annoy me. I'm sure I could make this a weekly feature and not run out of annoying stuff. But for now, I'm gonna try to fight my aforementioned insomnia, and get that damn "Wipe Me Down" song outta my head. "Shoulders..chest...pants...shoes" Damn, there it goes again... Anyway, feel free to let me know what annoys you in the comments section, even if it's me.