Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Any More Room For Me In Those Jeans?

I'm sitting down at my computer not knowing what I'm gonna write so excuse me if I go astray. I don't even know why I'm writing because I had a nice little every other day thing going on. I think I just feel like I need to write more often so the 20 or so people that visit me err'day will have something to read.

Today at work we had a jeans day. Most companies have a casual day on Fridays, but we got one on Tuesday this week. Every weekend is casual, but today's jeans day was...lets call it resplendent. On Saturdays and Sundays, you usually have the easy going jeans days. Plus there aren't nearly as many people in the office on the weekend and they aren't trying to impress any one. But today, jeans day turned into a virtual fashion show. And I was loving every minute of it.

I think I already told you all about all the eye candy at work. The women at my job are something serious even in the business gear. But come "Jeans Day" the eye candy meter went from "wow" to "daaaaaaaaamn!!!" (said in Chris Tucker from Friday voice). I mean, women were just showing out today rocking their designer jeans and their "I just came from the club" outfits with the stilettos. It was enough to make a man lose his mind. Every type of woman represented today. From fat to thick to thin to Nicole Richie sick looking skinny, the jeans were out of control. And since it was 100 degrees again today, they were showing as much skin as possible. Its funny, dudes that have never met were giving each other the "hey look at that" head nod. And the women were eating up the attention. I think the sexual harassment laws were suspended for one day.

Funny true story: I was outside politicking with an coworker from my old job who works in a different department. Somehow, after watching the ladies walk by for awhile, we decided to count the number of visible lower back tattoos we saw. I saw 22 in 4 hours in my department, he saw 17 in his. That's at least 39 women who had on shirts that were intentionally too small at work. And I guess we weren't supposed to look, but shit, I had no choice. I can't wait for the next "jeans day!" They making it hard to keep up my whole no dating at the job thing.

Ladies, as much as it sounds like it, I'm really not a pervert. I just greatly appreciate the female form. And if the women at my job want to show it, who am I to not look? That would be disrespectful right? I wouldn't want to hurt any one's self esteem by not ogling them. It would be wrong to not sneak and take pictures with my camera phone, right? Right? Oh, whatever. If you think I'm a perv, I'll be that. (Disclaimer: For the record, most of this took place in my imagination. I played it cool and wasn't obviously lusting after women at work. That wouldn't be right.)

I'm out of the office for the rest of the week, Mom and nephew/brother are coming in to town to do the whole zoo, aquarium, Coke Museum tourist thing. I'll probably hang out with them for the inside activities, I don't know about the outdoors activities. It's too hot to be walking around looking at a damn panda. I'll probably be posting again on Thursday, but if I don't talk to ya, have a good rest of the week and I'll holla!