Sunday, August 19, 2007

Guess What? I Actually Did Something This Weekend

As I sit here at work doing nothing, I might as well get my post outta the way. I actually had a lot going on over the weekend for once. So here's the recap.

Friday, I spent time with the family doing the tourist thing. We took two cars downtown to visit the Aqu.arium and the Co.ke Muse.um. I had the kids with me and my mom and sister (and the baby) rode together. We were supposed to go around 9:00, but procrastination being a family trait, we didn't actually leave until11:00. Had to have breakfast, and get ready, and get a new stroller for the baby (which he refused to sit in most of the day.) For once I didn't get lost on the way downtown, which is another trait embedded in my family's DNA. When we got downtown, I found some cheap parking nearby and walked the kids to the aquar.ium. The line was ridiculous. I was thinking that since the kids were back in school, it would be less crowded, but that wasn't the case. (My niece and nephew are being home schooled and my brother/nephew goes to school in Savannah, and they don't go back until after Labor Day.) The security was also tripping. You couldn't bring anything in. I understand no outside drinks or food or weapons, but they wouldn't even let you bring in gum. I had a fresh pack of Mint Mo.jito Or.bit that just went to waste. But, oh well. We went in and checked everything out. It was pretty cool, but I didn't enjoy myself as much as I did the last time I went. I guess it was just too crowded this time.

After that, we went across the street to the Co.ca Co.la mus.eum. Or should I say the Co.ca Co.la propaganda machine. Man, I haven't heard so much self promotion since I bought the last Kan.ye Wes.t CD. Everything was Co.ke this, Co.ke that. Co.ke saved the world, Cok.e stopped wars, C.oke ended racism. It was just annoying. I hadn't been there since I was in high school, and I guess my mind state is just different now. I felt like they were trying to brainwash me. The best part of the C.oke Mu.seum was the section where you can taste sodas from all over the world. There were some that were good, some that were extremely odious and this one from Italy that tasted like liquid sh*t, or what I imagine sh*t would taste like. The kids had a good time, so that was cool, but I would not recommend the museum for anyone over the age of 15. We left the museum and were going to hang out at Cen.te.nnial Park, but it started raining for a quick second, so we went back to the car and did get kinda lost on the way home. I couldn't find the street I was looking for so I drove around until I saw the highway. I intended to take surface streets, but I had 3 over-caffienated kids in the car with me, so I just went the first way I could find. When we got back home, we got some Italian takeout and then I crashed out.

Saturday, I had a date. I made plans with PhD to go out to dinner and a movie. She lives in Athens, which is about an hour away from me, so I drove out there to see her. When I got there, she showed me around her crib and we talked for awhile, but since neither one of us was hungry, we went to a bookstore for coffee and conversation. Later, we went to see "The Bo.urne Ultim.atum" which was good, but had a few too many "yeah right" moments. I didn't know, but apparently Matt Da.mon is Supe.rman. After the movie, we went and got some food then back to her crib for awhile. I left around 2 and made the hour drive back home, with PHD on the phone. It was cool. I had a good time, and we'll go out again. If you read my old blog, then you know how I would meet someone and then they would be gone by the next week, so I guess I'm making progress. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. I guess I can stop being anti social now and join my co worker's conversation. They are talking about R. Ke.lly and his new "Tra.pped in the Clo.set" videos, which are so bad that I can't stop watching. Even though I wrote this on Sunday, don't be looking for anything else on Monday, this is it. I'll holla at cha on Tuesday. One!!!