Monday, August 6, 2007

Much Ado About Nothing

What's on my mind? Umm... everything and nothing at the same time. You know what that means. It's time to get random with it.

This came from a conversation I had at work tonight. I am a Kanye West fan! I admit it, and I don't care who doesn't like it. I know he doesn't need me to defend him, but I will. For people who think he is too cocky, that's hip hop baby. Hip-Hop was based on "I'm better than you" rhymes and even today most rappers don't do anything but brag on their songs. Kanye just does it better. And "Stronger" is a banger, and one of the few original videos out there.

One week has passed and PHD still thinks I'm a nice guy. She says she doesn't like sarcasm, which threw up a red flag, but she must not be paying attention. I sweat sarcasm and it doesn't seem to affect her yet. We'll see.

A minor snag in my Vegas trip. The days of the trip have changed and I don't know if I can get them off from work. I thought it was just one day I would have to take off, but now its 3. Getting Sunday off on short notice was no problem, but now I gotta try to get Tuesday and Wednesday off too (I'm already off Labor Day.) It might be time for one of those week long "illnesses" that people tend to get around holidays, but truth be told I've already missed way too many days of work this year with my car troubles.

People are starting to figure me out. I don't always answer my phone if I don't feel like talking. When they were trying to get me to go out with them Friday, I didn't answer because I didn't feel like going. These people called me 9 times in a row until I finally picked up the phone and said "WHAT!?!?" Then they had me. I'm real good at avoiding situations, but not so good at just saying no. I'm gonna have to think of a new tactic.

I got hella drunk on Friday. I showed up at the spot at 8:00 and by 8:15, I had 4 shots of Jack and I didn't pay for a damn thing. Before I knew it, I was so gone that I got in my homegirl's car and rode out to some one's house I didn't know. While they were smoking that Kush, I was drinking more Jack. Next thing I know it was 1:00 in the morning and I was trying to wake up my people to take me back to my car, but they were not budging. I finally just said fuck it, and watched Miami Vice on cable and waited for them to get up. I didn't get back to my car until 4:30 and didn't get home until 5. But no hangover. I do wonder whose lip gloss was on me though and how it got there. This is why I sip and don't drink anymore.

I got "300" in the mail the other day and finally sat down to watch it on Saturday. That joint was phenomenal. I don't buy DVD's but I would "borrow" that one from some one's crib if I had the chance.

I think the way baseball is treating Barry Bonds is ridiculous. They are basically accusing him of cheating without having the balls to come out and say it. Say what you want, but he never tested positive for steroids, so celebrate him breaking the home run record. Who cares if he is a jerk? From all accounts Babe Ruth was a drunk manwhore, and he is arguably the most revered figure in sports. How you just gonna deny a man a place in history that he earned? I know about 70% of the country disagrees with me, but damn it this is my blog. I call it how I see it.

The Falcons had their Fan Fest on Saturday. I went last year and had a lot of fun, not too mention some lewd comments about a picture I posted last year at the event. LOL. I couldn't bring myself to go this year. I'm really hating the Falcons this year. Mike Vick messin' it all up for me.

2 hours later....

I was just distracted for 2 hours by my old blog. I went to find the link for the the last random thought and somehow started reading all my old shit. I used to be a good blogger.

Somebody asked me about the screenplay/novel (I can't figure out which one it's gonna be yet) I was writing. I hesitated for a minute and then told them what it was about. They then started looking at me like I was nuts. So, I'm gonna put it out here and see if you guys think I'm crazy too. One of my ideas was a story about a Black serial killer and how he got to be that way. I think whenever I tell people about that, they think its autobiographical or something. It's just fiction, dammit!

Okay, its time to get some sleep now. Everybody have a productive Monday and I'll get at cha later.