Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rainy Day Reflections

It hasn’t rained in Atlanta since September 12th. No I didn’t count the days. I read that on yahoo or something.

The first 2 songs that played on my iPod today: "It Never Rains in Southern California" by Tony!Toni!Tone! and “Rainy Dayz” by Raekwon. Spooky, my iPod has psychic abilities. Darn artificial intelligence!!! It’s gonna kill us all!!!

Speaking of rain songs… I need to download Guns N Rose’s “November Rain.” That song rocked!

Why come women that wear wigs are afraid to let the rain touch them?

If you are a man and you have an umbrella that is any other color than black, brown or blue, you are suspect to me.

If you are a man and you have a rainbow colored umbrella, you are ghey!

Why are people scared of thunder? Lightning I could understand, but thunder is just sound.

When I was a kid living in NY, whenever it rained there would be hundreds of earthworms all over the sidewalks. Have you ever cut one in half and see both halves still moving? Me either, that’s like serial killer stuff. *plays it off by whistling*

Here’s what I want to happen. Next time there’s a loud thunder clap, I want nobody to say, Can we go home? You aren’t going home. The computers will not go out. The lights may go out for .72 seconds. We have generators. The phones will still work. The cables are underground. You aren’t going home so stop asking. Thanks in advance.

Is it weird that I spent my lunch standing outside in the rain? Yes, I had an umbrella. It was just soothing. I do that sometimes.

What is it about rain that makes it more conducive to sleep than say a blizzard? Or 100 degree heat. Everybody says that rain is sleepy weather, but not so much for me. Then again, nothing is sleepy weather for me.

Guess what? It’s just water. It’ll dry. So what my shirt is peppered with rain drops. I’m not soaked, I’m not drenched, its’ gonna be okay.

I really should do something about the water that leaks into my car. But what? A sealant or something? It trickles in right at the front windshield.

I really wish Make it Rain never made it out the clubs. I don’t need to hear the phrase being used at inopportune times. Like at work for instance. Someone sells something and they talk about making it rain… No, that’s not what that means. Stop it. Sincerely yours, A former strip club connoisseur.

Remember Acid Rain? Back in the 80’s that was supposed to be the big thing that was gonna kill us all, but I haven’t heard anything about it lately.

You see how I did an entire post about rain? I really need some blog inspiration. I’m stretching for stuff to write about. LOL