Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Hook Up

Remember when you were in high school and where ever you went, you'd get the hook up? Go to Burger King and that girl that thinks you are cute gives you an order of free fries. Or order a small cone at Dairy Queen, and your homeboy makes it a large with two scoops? Or that loser in your gym glass gave you free filet o fishes at Mickey D's so you wouldn't beat him up the next day? Or go to Chik Fil A, no... wait, I couldn't ever get the hook up at Chik Fil A. It's like they count the nuggets by hand or something. Anyway, the point is, as you get older, its harder and harder to get a hook up. For real, hopefully your friends aren't still working in fast food, and if they are, one would hope they are the manager...

This weekend, however, the hookup came out in full effect. Jameil and I went to this restaurant in Gainesville. I wont put the name because of what happened that night. It was pretty empty, but a nice atmosphere. It was a tapas type place, so we ordered a bunch of different tastes and a couple of drinks. The waiter at first seemed like it was his first day or something. He didn't really know too much about the menu, and didn't even know about the drinks on the menu. It was still cool, though. The food was banging...I'm sure Jam will tell you about it on her blog. My first drink.. a tanqueray and tonic was okay, but not real strong. When it came time for the second drink, the waiter asked if I wanted another one. He said he would make it himself because "they act like they don't know how to make strong drinks." That was cool with me. When I got the drink, it was like 97.3% Tanq, and 2.7% tonic. That's what I'm talking about.

That was the first hook up, but when it came time for the check, I was shocked. This dude didn't put any of the 4 drinks we had on the bill. And one of the dishes wasn't on the check either. Dinner and drinks for two for $33!!! I gave him a nice tip and bounced before he could change his mind. Yo, I got the hook up for the first time in years. It made me remember those good old days when you could get something from nothing. I wonder if this can be the start of a new trend. Can grown people get the hook up? Like can you go to your doctor for a physical and get a prostate exam for free? I'm saying.. buy one house get a foreclosed property for the free? (My blog OCD wants me to come up with a third example, but I can't think of anything...) I don't know, but anyone wanna give me the hookup, just let me know. I'll be cool and I won't snitch. LOL