Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ten Things I Don't Understand

I’m sure I’ve written about this previously, but I don’t feel like looking for the link. Here are some things I currently don’t understand.

1. Why people talk with their hands while there on the phone. The person can’t see you. No need for the gesticulation. She can’t see you flipping her off or pointing wildly in the air.

2. Why sidewalks have cracks. I’m not talking about the wear and tear cracks, but the intentional cracks that grass and bugs come out of. I know this one makes no sense, but I was thinking about it, so I decided to type it.

3. Why men dye their hair. Nothing is crazier than seeing a dark skinned dude with light brown hair. Cut that stuff out.

4. Why men wear colored contacts. *insert own smart comment here*

5. Why I am scared of bees. Not the ones that sting, but those big bumble bee types that don’t even have stingers. They can’t sting me, so why do I jump every time I see one flying near me?

6. Why people actually want to see that new Beyonce movie. The previews make it look horrible. Then again, most people like Tyler Perry too, which I NEVER have understood.

7. The correlation between oil prices and gas prices. Jameil explained it to me a while ago, but I forgot.

8. Why people think they know who is going to win the Super Bowl, NBA Championship, World Series etc, before the season starts. Anything can happen. People can get hurt, or arrested or just have a bad year. I understand making a prediction, but arguing people down about something that hasn’t happened yet seems like a waste of time.

9. Why I listen to Sports Radio. See above for reasons I shouldn’t. It annoys me to no end, so why do I subject myself to it voluntarily?

10. The inspirational quote of the day. Every day at work we get a quote. Most of them are from people that I’ve never heard of. How is that supposed to inspire me? What makes them worthy of being quoted? Or it’ll come from an unknown source? Basically, what that means to me is that you made up that quote. Or even worse… whenever the quote of the day comes from a black person, they’ll say… African American poet, or African American actor. True story… The quote of the day last week was from Steve Harvey…African American actor/comedian. For real? The quote of the day is from Steve Hightower? What’s next, Piggy gonna be our CEO? And wait??? Steve Harvey is black??? I had no idea, and further more, how is that relevant?


That last one should have been a post in itself... Oh well, I'll stop now before this turns into a Thursday Thirteen.