Monday, June 4, 2007

Attention Deficit Dis... Hey look a shiny nickel!!!

I know I left you hanging with the whole fire post, but in light of what happened, I didn't feel like posting the story I wrote. It was about how me and my homeboy Kareem burned down his mother's crib on New Year's Eve 95. Turns out that my apartment was okay, but a nine year old boy died in the fire supposedly because he went back in the burning building to get a video game. It was too sad at the time for me to write a trivial post. When bad stuff happens to kids it really fucks with me. Anyway, if you want to read about the fire, here is the news link. Maybe one day, I'll pull my brush with fire story out of the drafts (it was pretty funny) and post it, but for now lets get back to my regularly scheduled nonsense.

Today's Random Thought: I really can't stand Rihanna. I don't have anything against her, but I just really do not like her music. I don't get why people like that "Umbrella" song. It seems like it was written by a 12 year old and features what may well be the worse Jay Z verse ever. He's not even on beat with his verse.

Let me start off today's post by giving a shout out to umm, what should I call you? Probably don't want me using the gov't name. I can't remember your blogger/myspace name, and I'm too lazy to look it up... Oh, I got it. What's up Mya Luv!!! It was cool hanging out with you Friday. What's that twice in a month? We keep this up, you might actually forgive me for not returning phone calls. LOL.

Speaking of Friday, I took notes cuz I was hearing some funny shit. Here are some of the highlights all by the "Drunk Lesbian." DISCLAIMER: All uses of the word "bitch" are quotes. I don't call women bitches, just suspect dudes. LOL

"Bitch, I will stab you in the liver so you can't drink no more"

Or the 5 minute diatribe about how she "beats her bitches"

Or when her girlfriend didn't answer the phone, "This bitch is avoiding me, she even take her phone with her to the bathroom. I mean she don't miss a call even when she's shitting"

Then she said she likes Asian men because (and this is a quote) "their penis is almost like a vagina."

And even later she ran dude out of the bar by drunkenly asking this dude who was tryna holla "Bitch, why you rubbing your man titties?" (He really was, it was hilarious) He was so shocked, he just left the whole bar.

Oh the comedy was in full effect. I only wish I was tipsy at the time.

Insomnia Update: I was off for 4 days last week. My insomnia has reached epic proportions.
Tuesday Night: I didn't sleep until 10:30 the next morning.
Wednesday Night: I fell asleep around 7:30 AM
Thursday Night: I fell asleep at 8AM
Friday Night: I fell asleep at midnight, then woke up at 2AM and didn't go back to sleep until 9AM
Saturday Night: I fell asleep at 7:30 AM.

The only good thing about not sleeping is that I have been catching up on some movies that I was late on. My favorite movie I saw this week, was "Talledega Nights", with Will Farrell. That was the funniest movie I've seen since "The 40 Year Old Virgin" I also watched "The Number 23" (it was aiight) and as I type this I'm half watching "Rocky Balboa." I think if this lack of sleeping persists, I'm gonna pick up one of my goals from last year. I was going to watch all of the movies on the AFI Greatest Movies list. So far I have seen 48 out of the 100. I know it's nerdy, but I gotta be what I am right? I used to want to make movies, and no, I'm not talking about R. Kelly type movies.

Speaking of Kels, have you heard his album? Just when I thought he couldn't get any more ridiculously raunchy, he puts out this album. I like it though. And don't tell no one, but I actually like Ne-Yo's album too. I wouldn't buy it, but I like it.

Can you tell I'm multi tasking right now? This post is on some ADD stuff, but that's okay. At least I'm finally posting semi regularly. They can't all be winners.

I think I'm an ass man now. I used to be more into the total package thing, but now I think I'm in Sir Mix A Lot's camp now. I like big butts... No real story there, just my A.D.D. kicking in.

I was told that I don't have Social Anxiety Disorder which I have self diagnosed myself with. If that's true, then I am just a lame. I think I like my excuse/defense mechanism better!

You wanna know the coolest thing in the world? My nephew calls my nuncle. Or nunka, something like that. But he recognizes me as his uncle. Kids are cool. Oh yeah, I don't have any kids. I think I confused some people when I did that letter to my son. That was all imaginary, a creative writing thing.

I like the idea of doing a "things that annoy me" post regularly, but I would probably sound like a real hater. I mean I am a hater, but I don't wanna come off that way.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't separate Eddie Murphy from Donkey anymore. Even when he gives interviews, I still think of the Shrek movies.

Why did I include a random thought, when the whole post turned out to be pretty damn random?

Anyway, it's that time again, boys and girls. Time for me to pretend that I'm gonna go to sleep when in actuality, I'm going to pop in the DVD of "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane" and stay up for a couple of more hours. Blockbuster Online is the shit even if they did copy Netflix. Have a great Monday!