Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Is It Still Called Hump Day If You Are Not Working?

Today's Random Thought: There really is not too much someone can say that will offend me. I mean, you can try to offend me, but it won't work.They are just words to me. I don't get all righteously indignant over words. Go ahead call me the n word, I might bust you upside the head for appearances sake, but I won't be offended.

My cell phone is broken. Whenever I push a button, or even hold it the wrong way, it turns off and turns back on. To make matters worse, sometimes when it reboots, it just keeps turning on and off automatically. I was supposed to go to the Sprint store and get it checked out but Monday, I was babysitting and I didn't have the car seat and Tuesday, well let's just say that I slept until 5:00 in the afternoon. So now it's Wednesday. I am up at 7 AM and common sense would tell me to either take my ass to sleep or stay up until the store opens. I've never been one to obey common's sense, so I'll probably have a broken cell phone for at least another day.

Insomnia isn't that bad when you are on vacation. Since I don't have to work, there is no pressure for me to actually get some sleep. I can just let it happen naturally. Like the other day, I was up until Noon before I got sleepy. Normally, my mind would have been racing trying to figure out what I could do to fall asleep, but it was all good. I just kept doing my regular thing until I fell out, which is probably what I will do today. All in all, it fits my weird personality. I couldn't be normal even if I had the inclination to do so, which I don't.

Speaking of quirky behavior, when I get bored, I go for a drive. It doesn't matter when or where, I'll just hop in the whip and wander around aimlessly. Probably not such a good idea for someone who is as directionally challenged as I am, but hey, getting lost is half the fun, right? What do you mean, its not? LOL. Last night, I got tired of sitting around and thinking so I went for a drive to clear my head. I somehow wound up in some hood in Atlanta at like 4 in the morning. There were people hanging out on the corner and I just know they thought I was coming to buy some crack or whatever the popular drug is now a days. When one cat in a white tee approached the car, I decided to take my non-from-the-streets-ass home.

My friend Jessica is coming to town today. At least that's what she told me last Friday before my cell phone inexplicably broke. Its been a good 6 or 7 months since I have seen her, so it will be good to hang out. Shit, I just remembered, my phone only rings about half the time, so I won't know when she gets here. Dammit, I guess I could call her from someone else's phone, but if she is anything like me, she is not going to answer an unknown number. I'll figure it out somehow. She can't just pop up, because she doesn't know where I live. When I moved, I got real incognegro, and didn't tell anybody where I was. I mean, they know I'm on the eastside, but they have never been to the crib. Really, only two people know exactly where I stay, and only one has been inside. I promise, it wasn't by design, it just worked out that way. But I have to say that it's cool not worrying about who is going to come to the crib uninvited and drink up all my liquor. It was kind of ridiculous at the old spot. Everybody and their mama used to come by unannounced, sending me scurrying to throw on some pants and answer the door. Maybe one day, I'll actually tell somebody where I live.

So that's what's going on in my world on this Hump Day. Perhaps if it really was hump day, I could actually fall asleep. But even though it rained last night, I'm still in a drought, so there is no regular sleep in the forecast for me. Did you catch the metaphor? LOL. Okay, now I know it's time to stop writing, because the silliness is taking over. Everybody have a good Wednesday!