Friday, June 15, 2007

My Week In Review

Thank God It's Friday!!! I don't have to work and I don't have any obligations. I can just relax and do whatever the hell I wanna do this weekend. If I wanna go out, I can go out. If I wanna just chill, and let's be honest, thats probably what I will be doing, I can chill and do nothing. I have to work on Sunday but then I have the rest of the week off for vacation. Because I am trying to get back into regular blogging, I think I have to write something today. So, I guess I will give you my week in review.

The highlight of my week was on Wednesday. It was Uncle Rashan Day!!! My nephew and neice decided to make my week. They cooked me dinner, decorated the living room and even washed and dried my clothes. I don't know what I did to deserve such incredible kids in my life, but I am really happy to have them. Then again perhaps they were just telling me that I'm a dirty slob who needs to stop eating fast food all the time. LOL

I came to the stark realization this week that I'm not very good at my job. I used to think that everything would eventually fall in to place, but now I think its not going to happen. It's not so much that I can't do the job, its that I don't want to. Or more accurately, I don't want to do the job the way they want me to do it. Time to dust off and update the old resume.

This week's song that makes me wish I had a woman is "Bed" by J. Holiday. I think that's what his name is. I hear it just about every night on the Quiet Storm on my way home from work. I'm probably late, but I've never heard of him before this week, but the song is bangin. It sounds like some stuff I would have put on my slow tapes back in the day. I'll have to check to see if he has any other good songs.

Sports is over for me until August when football starts again. The NBA Finals just frustrated the hell out of me. I can't stand San Antonio and now I have to hear about this next time I hang out with E. After the Spurs won game two, I just knew the sweep was on. I need someone to remind Lebron James that he is 6 10 and strong. WTF is up with all the fadeaway jumpshots? Take it to the hole, man!

Went to the grocery story tonight and bought a bunch of food. I was starving when I went in, but when I got home, I had too many choices, so I didn't eat. I know, it makes no sense, but thats the way Rashan's brain works. My indecisiveness is a problem.

Heard about two upcoming concerts that I will probably not be going to. Raheem Devaughn is coming on the 23rd, I think? And Little Brother is coming on the 27th for the free. I saw them last year and it was great, but I have to work that night.

Watched some more movies this week. "Death of A President" was excellent. If you haven't heard about it, its about the fictional murder of President Bush in October 2007. I also watched one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen in my life called "Ichi The Killer". It's a Japanese movie about this dude name Ichi. And he's a killer. LOL. It was like part gangster flick, part horror movie and all demented. Plus it was in Japanese, so that just increased the weirdness quotient. I don't know what to think about it yet. It was very stylish, but it was kind of sick with lots of strange killing and torture scenes. And tonight, I'm about halfway through "Superman Returns" and so far so good.

Here are some of my aborted blog topics of the week: "R. Kelly's Funniest Lyrics", (No# 1 was I Like That Crotch On You repeat 3x), "Excuses for Not Going Out" ( I was going to write about some of the real and imaginary excuses I give people) and "My Voicemail" (where I wrote about some of the strange messages I have on my phone like the one that said "too bad you didnt answer, I was going to give you some" when she knew full well I was at work. LOL) I ultimately decided against posting these, mainly because I was lazy, but also because I think I use the list format too much. I feel like a blog David Letterman.

Had an interesting conversation with a female friend about what goes on in a strip club. She was surprised that there are a lot of women who go to the strip club and was utterly embarrased by the fact that the dancers are fully nude. I thought that was common knowledge but apparently not.

And that's about it. I lead such an exciting life, don't I? Maybe I'll fall into something this weekend and have some gregarious tales of urban adventure to share next week. But don't be surprised if I just stay home and watch movies. Have a great weekend, errbody!