Tuesday, March 11, 2008

If Niggaz All Dogs, Then What You Call Broads???

I need a day off from the Making The Blog series. I'll get back to it...whenever I get back to it. I can't promise anything. I've actually been sleeping regularly for the last week. I don't know how or why, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. (Can someone please explain just what that means?) Anyway, since I've rediscovered the beauty of sleep, I haven't been up all night reading and writing, but I'll work on part 5 at work tomorrow. I wanted to talk about something else today.

Can anyone tell me what song the title comes from? The first person to correctly guess wins a $10 Itunes Gift Card not a damn thing!

You know how some females say that all men are dogs? That we are the ones that are always cheating and doing people wrong? Well, there are a lot of women that are the same exact way. And it seems that most of them are attracted to me. I must give off a vibe that says "I'll mess with you even if you have a boyfriend." Like I'm LL Cool J or something. (It just occurred to me that you may not understand that reference, so let me explain. LL is always making songs about taking someone's girl like this one or this one or this one.) Let me tell you about the latest incident.

I was off work Monday, since I had to work Saturday. I was bored, so I actually decided to listen to some of the messages that have been on my phone for the last couple of weeks. I've gotten better at answering my phone, but not so good at listening to messages. Anyway, there was a message from a girl I used to work with, lets call her Roxanne. I've mentioned her with a different name back in the day, but for the purposes of this story, I'll keep her anonymity. We used to hang out and drink back in the day, but since I left the last company and moved across town, I haven't exactly kept in touch. I think I've seen once or twice and probably only talked to her a couple of more times. I called her, albeit two weeks after she left the message, and we caught up. She told me that her and her friend were going out to eat, and I should come through. Cool, sounded like fun, so I got dressed and rode out.

Let's digress a minute and talk about Roxanne's friend. Keeping the old school theme going, Roxanne's friend is gonna be Shante. Get it, Roxanne Shante? LOL. I crack myself up with the littlest things. Shante is for lack of a better, more respectful phrase, a bad chick. I don't really have a specific type anymore, but she fits the mold of my old type, short, dark and got a big booty a real cute face. And them lips... I'm a sucker for some big juicy lips. We had hung out a couple of times before, but Roxanne would always make sure we didn't connect because of a couple of drunken interactions that we had. To quote: "Me and Shante don't share. That's gross." Whatever, I wasn't really ever trying to spit game, (since I have none) but Shante was good to talk to and look at .

Okay, back to today. I met them at Pappadeux for dinner. Being a Monday, it wasn't crowded at all. I had the Catfish Opelousas, Roxanne had.. wait, this isn't Jameil's blog. You don't care what they ate. We cracked lots of jokes, and drank a few drinks. While Roxanne flirted with this guy at the bar, Shante and I talked. We talked about a whole bunch, the most interesting being a debate about whether the Democrats have destroyed their chances of getting the White House with this long protracted primary season. It was cool. Definitely better than sitting around the crib doing nothing all day. Eventually, Roxanne got tired of the clown at the bar and came back and ate. A couple more drinks and it was time to go.

Here's where the story turns. I gave them both hugs and was about to be on my way. Shante stopped me to give me her number and said we should hang out. Word?!? I was cool with that. I drove back to the eastside. Before I got halfway there, Roxanne called me. I'll give you the transcript of the call.

Rashan: Ay yo!
Roxanne: You better not call Shante.
Rashan: Huh?
Roxanne: She told me she gave you her number. You better not call her.
Rashan: Ooookay... Why not?
Roxanne: You know she has a boyfriend, right?
Rashan: Nah, I didn't know that. But she probably meant we should hang out as friends.
Roxanne: You know she didn't mean that. Stop acting slow. Remember I know you...and her.
Rashan: Yeah, I hear you. Aiight, thanks for letting me know.

I'm sure I woulda found out eventually and Shante woulda told me that same old story about the relationship being stale, or he doesn't treat her right, or they don't even talk anymore. I'm just not trying to hear all that. I've done my share of interfering in other people's relationships and I'm done. I must have a Scarlet A on my Sean John shirt. This always happens to me. Where are the single loose hot chicks women these days? The popular assertion is that men are the ones doing dirt, but if niggaz all dogs, what you call broads?