Monday, September 10, 2007

I Typed A Text To A Girl I Used To See...

Completely random title, but I just can't get Andre 3000's verse from "International Player's Anthem" out of my head. In addition to proving to me that Hip Hop may still be alive, he actually has me listening to a UGK song. They may be the most overrated rappers in my opinion next to Tupac. Regardless of that, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent about that. I just couldn't think of an appropriate title, and that verse is stuck in my head, so there you have it.


It's Monday, therefore once again, its time for the obligatory tell you what I did this weekend post. What did I do? Well Friday, I did a whole lot of nothing. In between naps and phone calls, I slept and talked on the phone. I also drove around like gas doesn't cost $2.62 a gallon, but that's how I clear my head. I wound up on the other side of town.. you know what? I doesn't matter, Friday was boring lets just skip ahead to Saturday.


Saturday was PHD day. I spent the day with her in Athens. She got me a ticket and someone's student ID and we went to the Georgia-South Carolina football game. Before the game, PHD ignored my self diagnosed Social Anxiety Disorder and took me to hang out with some of her fellow doctorate students. I did okay, I didn't run off and hide in the corner like I wanted to, and they were actually pretty cool. I've now met 6 of her friends, not counting our mutual friend who hooked us up. We then walked up to the stadium for the game. Man, this trip reminded me that I need to always have my camera with me at all times. It was an experience.


For one, I saw a group of about 10 drunk White frat brothers cranking that Soulja Boy dance thing. You know..Supaman'n that ho? That was some funny ish. Damn you YouTube for spreading our buffoonery to other races. LOL. Secondly, the people were just dressed crazy. Most of the girls were wearing dresses to the football game. Some of them looked like they were going to the prom instead of a football stadium with 94,000 fans. It was weird. On top of that, along with the cocktail dresses (complete with sashes), they were wearing flip flops. The men weren't that much better. They went all out with the University of Georgia gear. A bunch of them had on pants that had one black leg and one red leg. It looked like the old Cross Colours jeans if they were uninspired and only had 2 colors. Others had pants with pictures of the UGA mascot all over them. Oh and everyone but me was drunk. It smelled like a distillery in that stadium, and from what I was told, it was pretty tame compared to some of the other games. This one guy directly in front of me was teetering the whole game, I kept expecting him to pass out drunk. Somehow he maintained, but a couple of people fell down the bleachers. It was pretty funny. By the way, Georgia lost 16-12, but it was still fun.


After the game, we walked back to PHD's friends house and got the car. ALL of the streets in the area were blocked off because of the game traffic, so we couldn't get back to PHD's crib. Instead, we went back to the bookstore, because she is determined to get me to start reading again, something about how since I have an English degree, I should use it. We, well mostly she, picked out a book that we will read together, I'm already scheming on the Cliff Notes (if they still make those) or some online review, because the first chapter put me to sleep. Maybe it was the not sleeping for 24 hours thing, but I choose to blame it on the book, I.nfi.del by A.yaa.n Hir.si A.li. If anyone has read it, give me some talking points so I can pretend like I read it when I talk to PHD. I'm kidding...unless you gonna do it. After some more interesting and enlightening conversations (for example, she told her mom about me. WTF?) we were finally able to make it past the roadblocks and get back home.


So, that was my weekend. It was the perfect mix of doing nothing and doing something. I meant to add pictures, but I only had my crappy camera phone, and the pictures looked pretty dark. I'll try to get some pictures with my digital next week when I take PHD to see the Stevie Wonder concert at Chas.tain A.mpi.thea.ter. It's an outdoor show, so it better not rain. I'm actually excited about the concert. Just gotta make it through the week first. Have a productive start to your work week, and I'll get at you in a coupla days.


Fresh.. for '07, you suckas!!!! ( I bet you thought I ran out of old school goodbyes. Nope, not yet! LOL)