Friday, April 18, 2008

Prince Week: Baby I'm A Star

Baby, I'm a star.... Might not know it now, baby but I r I'm a...Star

I'm on some superstar stuff today. I can't even tell you the reason, but the forecast for today includes a high probability of swagger. I'm just saying.. I'm a star!

Every now and then, I just get in one of those extremely arrogant moods where nobody can tell me nothing. I woke up like that today. Yesterday, I didn't sleep at all since I already have horrible sleeping habits, plus I had to go to work at 8 AM, meaning I would have been able to get at the most 2 hours of sleep. I said forget it, and just stayed up. I worked, (if you can call sitting in a classroom work) all day without a lick of sleep. I didn't even fall out at lunch like I thought I was going to. Anyway, when I got home, I stayed up some more until I finally crashed around 1 AM. 9 1/2 hours later, I woke up refreshed and feeling good. The good feeling lasted through out the rest of my day.

So, like I was saying, baby, I'm a star! It started out early. I went to the gas station to fill up for the ride. I was leaning up against my ride at the QT while the 16.23 gallons of $3.49 unleaded filled up the near empty tank. This girl at the next pump just kept looking at me. Today, I was not even self conscious about why she was looking. I already knew. Baby, I'm a star. LOL. Let me stop, I just put that in there to make you laugh.

Then when I got to work, my star-nessocity was on full blast. It was like everybody I knew in this huge building came to see me today...except for the stalkers. LOL. I was like Mr. Popularity for a minute. I don't know what it was about today, but it was cool. I kept getting the looks all day too. Again, I can't call it. I'm just wearing some khakis and a blue shirt, I kinda look like I should be working at Gap, but if it works for them, it works for me. Had one girl come and rub my hair today. I told y'all I was growing it out, right?

Then at lunch, since nobody wanted to answer their phones... I was sitting out in the back just chillin. Reading email and blogs on my phone and stuff. A car is driving by, but I wasn't really paying attention to it. All of a sudden I hear a screeeeecchhh and see the car backing up. It's this girl I used to work with before we both got promoted. She stops the car in the middle of the street and is like "Hey! Rashan!." I said, "Hey, what's up!" She says..."wait right there. Don't move. Let me go park and I'll be right back." So, she goes and parks and we talk for a minute. Then she hits me with this one. "Since we don't work in the same department anymore, we should go out sometime." Today, I'm a star. This is an actually attractive woman, Jameil, not one of the parolees.

Oh yeah, I forgot one star moment. Why I got girls doing the model walk for me? Like I was sitting at my desk talking to someone, and this woman was walking down the aisle. She did the suck in your cheeks model face and proceeded to shake it as she sauntered past. Then she looked back over her shoulder just to make sure I saw it. LOL I seent it.

Boy, I don't know what it is about today, but I don't want it to end. Baby, I'm a star!