Tuesday, October 9, 2007

How To Lose Friends And Alienate People

Everybody go with me on this one. I'm writing this high on Benadryl right now, the result of me trying to actually get to sleep before 10 in the morning which hasn't happened in a few days. Also, I am newly allergic to peanut butter, but I can't break my addiction to it, so I gotta take medicine. I may just insert random utterances that have nothing at all to do with the post because that's how my brain is working right now on some stream of consciousness ish.

In my last random post I mentioned how this girl from work, although I didnt tell you she was at the job, wanted to hang out with me. Big fuckin' mistake. I shoulda stuck to my guns and just told her that I don't shit where I eat (anymore.) But instead, I acquiesed and gave her the math. This was Thursday night, when we were leaving work. Come Friday, I'm chillin at the crib playing with my nephew, whom I was watching when she called me. I answered and the first, well maybe the second thing out of her mouth was "how come you didn't call me yet?" Uh-oh, it's starting already. Anybody that knows me knows that I don't respond well to that type of tactic, but I figured she doesn't really know me, so I let it slide. We talked for about 15 minutes. It was a regular conversation, not too boring, but nothing that made me be like wow. I told her that I would call her back later, as my sister had come to get the baby. I was also going out, so I had to take a shower and get ready and stuff. This was about 7:00. By 8:00, I had 3 text messages from the girl. I didn't really know how to respond to that without being a complete and utter asshole so I just let it ride and went about my business.

Random thought: This Jill Scott CD seems kind of depressing. I'll have to listen to it a few more times, but it doesn't seem as life affirming as her other ones.

On my way to the spot (I was going to meet some friends for some drinks) I texted her back to let her know I was going to be out of pocket for a minute and I would call her on Saturday. She called me literally less than a minute after I sent the message. She asked how come I didn't invite her to come with me, followed by just kidding. But the thing is, I could tell she wasn't kidding. She meant that shit. I was starting to get that vibe. I know I just talked about wanting someone to want me, but I was wrong. Or I'm a hypocrite. Whatever! Excessive, thirsty behavior makes me shut down.

Random thought: The Falcons make me sick. How do you have the ball on the 1 yard line and not score? It's about that time to jump off the hometeam bandwagon.

And I was already thinking that it wasn't a good idea for us to talk anyway. I saw her at work again on Sunday, and in between her work inappropriate Instant Messages, and her hinting that we should go to the R. Kelly concert in November, I made up my mind. I have got to get rid of her before she becomes the latest in my list of stalkers.

Random Thought: 1: Kanye West, 2. Talib Kweli, 3. Common - We had an argument at work about whose album was better. That's my ranking.

Something had to be done. It was time for me to make her dislike me. It was time to alienate her before she got too close. And I knew just how to do it. It was time for T. Cas to come to the rescue.

Sorry, y'all. I thought I could do it, but I'm about to fall asleep mid sentence. I'll finish this up tomorrow. Please forgive me for leaving you hanging. Tomorrow's post will probably have a slightly less intoxicated feel to it. LOL Peace

Alternate Titles: Alien Nation, How To Lose A Girl In 10 Days,