Monday, October 22, 2007

Thoughts Of An Internet Predator: A Cautionary Tale

The following comes from my overactive imagination and also real life. I think this dude I work with is an fucking pervert. Like he should be on Dateline NBC. I will of course leave out real names in case I am wrong, since I have no proof. I know the following piece maybe disturbing particularly to those of you with daughters or nieces. It's disturbing as hell to me too as Uncle to a beautiful 10 year old girl, which is why I was inspired to write about it. The following is a trip into the mind of a suspected internet predator. This is what I imagine he was thinking:

What was that I heard? You just found out that your step daughter has a MySpace page? She's how old? 12? And she's in a 2 piece bathing suit? I've got to calm down. Don't look too eager. Play it cool. Maybe I should ask what her name is. No, that would be too obvious. Maybe I'll just look over your shoulder and copy the URL. WWW.myspace.com/c^&^*. Damnit! These kids these days and their symbols. I can't see what it says. But I saw the pictures. She sure doesn't look 12. This girl looks 15 if she is a day. I hope you forget to lock your computer when you go to break. If so I'll be able to check your browsing history and find the address.

Damn, why are you making it so hard for me? I wish you would just tell me the address so I can scope it out myself. I'm sure there are plenty of vulnerable 12 year olds on the internet, but I want yours. You brought it to my attention. I can't stop now. I've got to see this at home when I can fully satisfy myself. No, don't do that!!! Don't make her delete the page. At least not before I get a chance to meet her. I already know how I'm gonna do it. These young girls are all the same. I'll use that picture of my nephew from when he was a lifeguard. Then I'll send her a friends request. It's best to take these things slow, so a few weeks later I'll strike up an IM conversation with her. I better brush up on my slang. I'm always online so I'll figure out just the right words to say to her.

Maybe I'll tell her that I am a photographer and I want to take some pictures. No, that's too cliche. Instead I'll tell her I work for a record company and I'm looking for models. That ought to do it. Everyone wants to be a star. Maybe I'll be able to lure her into a meeting. Somewhere private and secluded. Once she sees me, she'll forget all about the deception I used to get her there. She wont be able to resist me. Young boys are fine, but she'll want to be with a real man. The way she is dressed I'm sure she knows all about sex, and if not, I'll be glad to teach her. I;ll mold her into what I want her to be. She's too young to know any better. She's just starting to understand her body, and my years of experience will help her comprehend what feels right. I'm not salivating, am I?

Wait a minute. Why is Rashan looking at me like that? Does he know the secret that I am trying to hide? Is he... I think he is gonna try to cock block this. Why is he pulling you to the side? I wonder what he is saying. Does he know of my plan to sexually violate your step daughter? Is that why he is looking at me with such disdain? Surely, he wouldn't tell you that I am a perv. In fact, if he does, I'll sue him for slander. He had no way of knowing what I'm thinking. Then again maybe it's written all over my face. Maybe my lecherous smile has betrayed me. Maybe he caught me shoulder surfing. Regardless, I'm gonna find your step daughter online if its the last thing I do. He's on to me. I better just play it off.

"Hey, what is your daughter's email address? I want to send her this email I got from my church about online safety."

There ya go! I'm sure since I mentioned church, all Rashan's fears will be allayed. Also, I can use that email address to search for her profile. I bet he doesn't suspect anything anymore. I can be seen as a hero now, looking after the welfare of young nubile girls. Now that I think about it, that's probably an even better way to strike up a conversation with her. Pretend that I have her best interests at heart and then wham! I pull the okey doke on her. Besides who will they believe, a 12 year old girl with an overactive imagination or me, a 50 year well respected man?

Did I hear right? Did Rashan just ask me why I want a 12 year olds email address? Shit, I better think of an answer quick. That bastard is always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. This isn't his kid, why does he care so much. Just let me do my thing. Yes, I do have a MySpace page and I'm always online. Shit, I shouldn't have told him that. Now he's gonna know what I do in my spare time. Nevertheless, he doesn't have the balls to come out and say what he's thinking. Oh, shit. I was wrong again. He really just asked me if I use my page to pick up young girls. I hope my "no" was convincing enough. I don't really know how to lie that well. He might have figured me out.

Back to you, don't make her delete the page. I beg of you. At least give me until the night is over to find her. Don't listen to Rashan. Nothing bad is gonna happen to her. What does he know anyway? He doesn't even have kids like you and me. Damn it, I see you are determined to make her get rid of the page. I'll have to find another way of reaching her and find a way to get that nosy ass Rashan out of the picture.