Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Me Likey

"Well, damn Rashan...What do you like?"

I got called out today. I deserved it. I was being extremely critical. One of those negative people that I can't stand. It took just these simple words to snap me back to reality and give me a well needed attitude adjustment. I tend to always talk about what I don't like or what I don't do. Every now and then I need talk about what I do like. Come with me, blog readers as I explore the little things that make me happy.

I like... driving aimlessly at 4 in the morning when nobody is on the road. Its my go to form of relaxation. I can just be alone with my thoughts or vibe with some good music as I explore the open road.

I like... new hip hop music that makes me remember why I love hip hop so much. In the last month or two, I've reignited that spark with new releases from Kanye, Common, Little Brother, Median and Talib Kweli. I've also discovered some new stuff that I had been sleeping on. The hip hop show Sunday nights on Georgia State University's radio station helps too. I've remembered that clever rhymes and pulsating beats are what I love so much about hip hop.

I like... flirtatious conversations even if they don't lead anywhere. It's good to know that I got my swagger back. A smile and some cunning linguistics do something to my spirits.

I like... "Pushing Daisies." This new show is just great. Its strange, quirky, and totally not what you would expect for me to like, but every Wednesday when I get off work, I can't wait to go home and watch it.

I like... writing. Doesn't matter what it is. Even when I can't make any progress on my alleged novels, it always makes me feel better when a new idea hits me.

I like... 5 hours of sleep. I've recently discovered the secret for keeping myself refreshed. Anything more than 5 hours and I'm groggy. Anything less than 5 hours and I'm cranky. 5 hours is like Goldilocks and the baby bear: just right!

I like... winning in Madden 08. I played it for the first time this weekend, since I refused to buy it this year out of fear that it would take over my life as has occurred with previous versions of the game. Last year, I kept getting beat. This year, I represented with a 3-1 record so far.

I like... surprise phone calls from people I thought were done with me.

I like... eye candy at work. Like the dark skinned girl with the natural who sits behind me, or the caramel skinned girl with the long hair who's desk is directly in my eye sight. Or the light skinned girl with the braids that I see as soon as I go to my desk. They say variety is the spice of life, and my job is on some cayenne pepper ish.

I like... that I actually have options for my birthday this year. Last year, I was unemployed and depressed. This year, I'm in the zone. I just might make it a 3 day celebration. My birthday is November 25th, you know just in case you wanna get me something for my 33rd. PhD wants to take me out for my birthday. My co workers (old and current) want to take me out for my birthday. And I can't forget the annual tradition I have of going out with Maybe-Weds and the crew. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, I'll probably have to combine a couple of outings. Like maybe, the old coworkers and the new coworkers can take me out to a strip club together and buy me dances all night. LOL

I like... hanging around my niece and nephews. I know everybody probably feels this way, but I am uncle to the coolest kids in the world. They are all so smart and funny and I'm glad that I am getting a chance to be a part of their lives and to watch them grow.

I like... reading new blogs and becoming intrigued with the way that people think, write and project themselves. That's some good shit. I'm resisting the urge to make someone my blog crush though. Nothing good can come of that. LOL

I like... I like the way you comb your hair. And I like those stylish clothes you wear. It's just the little things you do. That show how much you really care. Wait, that's the DeBarge song.

I like... being finished with this post now.