Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dawg? You Like Forty!

I so wanted to call this post "Nigga, You Forty!", but since everybody got that preview blog roll thing, I didn't want to offend any passers by. I mean, if you come to my blog, then I don't really care about offending you, cuz you know what you are in for. I'm a be mean or make a sarcastic comment. I might even make an insensitive joke or two. But anyway, that's not what I was gonna post about... What I was gonna post about was this nonsense I heard over the weekend. It made me exclaim "Nigga, you Forty!!!"

Master P says he's gonna change his name to P. Miller. I really could care less. The obvious P. Diddy reference doesn't bother me. If you are prone to knob slobbery, then slob that knob. I 'ont care. It ain't like you haven't been biting your entire career, with your Pac-esque flow and your Hootie Hoo 7 years after Outkast did it and your lifting entire lyrics from other artists. Wait, again, that wasn't my point. My point was this... P gonna come out his mouth and say this nonsense:

"I'm changing my name because Master P is who I used to be. I call it my childhood and P. Miller marks my manhood."

NIGGA, YOU FORTY!!! Your childhood lasted until you were like 38? Until nobody wanted to buy your records anymore? Until you got that job on Nickelodeon? Childhood, my swollen big toe! You do realize that nobody would know who you were if you didn't make God awful catchy music, right? I'm glad that you decided to finally become a man. By the way, during this time when you were supposedly a child, didn't you have kids? Are your kids more grown than you? When you turn 73 will you then become middle aged? At 101, will you just start to collect Social Security? Seems like you growth was a little stunted? I'm just asking!

You may be wondering why I'm reacting so strongly to this. It's more funny than anything to me. It may be that I don't like when people try to turn their back on what made them famous to begin with. I know I know, people can change, but it still bothers me. It also annoys me when grown ass men talk about growing up. Son, you shoulda been grown! I'm not saying you have all the answers when you are in 20s, believe me, I'm 33 and I know precious little more than I did when I was 16. But come on, dawg! 40 is a little late to be talking about finally becoming a man. Oh well, at the very least I got to entertain myself by saying "Nigga, YOU FORTY!!!" all weekend. Try it...It's catchy!!! LOL

Full Disclosure: I never liked P's lyrics, rhyme scheme, subject matter, etc...except when I was in the club! I used to get crunk of some Master P joints back in the day. Throwing 'bows and mean muggin while holding my Alize!!! This was one of my favorites.... HUSTLA! BALLA! GANGSTA! CAP PEELA! Who I be, your neighborhood drug dealer!!!!" I know... coontastic, but I loved it!