Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meet The Parents (and the friends) Part 2

This post is gonna be mad disjointed cuz I'm trying to write it at work while actually working, so forgive me if it seems rushed...

Okay, so where was I? Oh, yeah. We were meeting JoEllen at Fox and Hound for drinks. JoEllen is wild, yo! She was a little ball of energy and jokes. I could definitely see why her and Jameil were friends. The two of them together: It was like hanging out with 2 Jameil's for the price of one. It was so strange and entertaining. During the course of the night, this drunk white guy was trying to get with her...HARD! Dude was mad persistant. He kept interrupting the conversation, joining in our conversations, dude even bought me a drink trying to get me to hook him up. It was hilarious. He also lectured me on what real rap was, a conversation that I humored for awhile. He told me "Jay-Z is a lyrical prophet" asked me if I ever heard of "Common from Chicago" told me that "it's not about black and white anymore, it's about good music. Eminem broke that barrier." I was rolling laughing. At some point, I just laughed dead in his face at something crazy he said. Anyway, we left there and walked back to the hotel and crashed out.



The next day, we were supposed to go to church but overslept. I checked out the hotel, and then we headed crosstown to Jameil's mother's house. It was time to meet the parents. Well, one of them. She was cooking for us and Jameil's friends. When we got there, she was still at church, so we watched some hung out and watched some Olympics and looked at more old pictures. When her mom got there, Jameil introduced us and it was cool. No big deal. I wasn't nervous or anything. The kitchen was smelling great with all that food. She made us a feast. Chicken, turkey, mac and cheese, cabbage, this dressing that was out of this world. Man, it was good! Jameil gets a phone call from her father, who was in town. Now, he is coming over and bringing Jameil's brother too! Wow, okay, I get to meet both parents in one day. I wasn't expecting all that. LOL. Mother's don't make me nervous, but it had been a good 15 years since I had dated a girl that actually had a father involved in her life. I know that's pretty sad. I shook off any nervousness and luckily it was only a brief interrogation, so that was cool. The other friends were there too and this happened, which was funny to me and I'm glad she wrote it so I didn't have to add yet another paragraph to this post. LOL

I wound up not leaving until 11:30 PM to head back home. I didn't want to leave, but figured that I should actually work a few days this month. It was a great trip and we get to do it again in 2 days. Going to Gainesville with Jam to help her get settled at school. We were supposed to stop in Savannah, to get our tourist on but I don't think we are going to have time. Oh well, I guess she'll have to meet my family at a later time. Lucky her! LOL