Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Junkie

He woke up in the morning thinking "Hmm.. this aint so bad. I can do this." One hour went by and he was okay. He went for a ride to clear his head, to get his mind off his addiction. When he got back to the crib, he felt the itch again. "I'll just take a shower. I won't think about it." After the shower, he was still looking for his fix. "Sleep will take this off my mind, he thought" but woke up feenin' again. This cold turkey stuff is hard...


Ladies and gentleman, he is I and I am him! I'm a junkie. For real, Saturday and Sunday I was fine, but Monday I was going crazy. My addiction? The Internet.. I was in Gainesville for Jameil's birthday with her and Stace this weekend. We were always doing something Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't really notice. Plus there was a little wifi action at the school and outside the restaurant, but today when Jam was in class? Yo, I just about lost my mind. I was sitting there with no computer and no tv. I was going stir crazy. I was wondering what you all were posting about. I was wondering who sent me an email. I was wondering what the web was saying about Barack and Biden. I would have settled for TV, but that would been like a cokehead smoking weed. I wanted that hard stuff. That interweb...I needed it in my life. It be calling me. My phone internet hasn't been working for months, so I turned the service off. I started to find a library in the area, but I needed the internet to give me directions. My desire got so bad that I did something that I'm ashamed of. Don't tell nobody but... I started to read... a book!!! I know. Rashan don't read. I couldn't help it. It's the only thing that took my mind off that internet!


Okay, I'm being silly. I just got back in town about 4 this morning, so I'm gonna call it a night. Here are a few pictures from the weekend. I have to get my editor to approve the rest before I post them, but I know she likes these. Maybe stories too. Oh yeah, you should ask Stace about the dudes in the women's pants and the documentary that she'll be starring in. I'll be around to check your blogs out soon. Have a good day!