Thursday, November 1, 2007

If You Were Looking For A Real Post...

Instead you get a tag. Everybody say thanks to Diva! I'm kidding, if she didn't tag me, I probably wouldn't have written anything.

The rules of the game are:
A). Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog
B). Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
C). Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs
D). Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I was tagged by the Opinionated Diva. What can I say about myself that I haven't shared already? Not sure if any of these are repeats or not, but here goes:

1. In college I wrote a concept album called "The Relationship" (copyright. Rashan Jamal W. 1997) in Philosophy class. I always used to write rhymes, but that class was so remedial that I didn't even bother to pretend like I was listening. The Relationship was an album that tracked a couple from when they first met, got together, had drama, to the end of the relationship. It consisted of 12 songs; 3 dedicated to different aspects of the relationship. (Meeting, Dating, Shacking, Possible Marriage.) It was pretty good too. I just didn't have anybody to do my beats for me.

2. I am deathly afraid of guns. I've had at least 3 occasions where I've had a gun pulled on me, not to mention being in the wrong time at wrong place/innocent bystander stuff. I refuse to hold a gun because I always feel like I would accidentally shoot myself, no matter how careful I was. And given the number of times I've cheated death, I got to watch out for the whole "Final Destination" thing, so no guns for me.

3. I almost got suspended for high school for refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance. I could go into a long explanation of that, but I may need to write that story in the future when I can't think of anything else to write. Long story short, Rashan X didn't back down and eventually prevailed.

4. I was in the chorus in high school and always sang background. My senior year they asked/forced me to do a solo. I didn't want to do it, but eventually got over myself and represented. I was even on TV on this Christmas special. The song: Sleigh Ride (The California Raisins Version). I tried to find a link, but I couldn't. It was crazy, hip hop Rashan X, singing and dancing in a tuxedo shirt with a bow tie and cummerbund. I'm such a walking contradiction.

5. It's almost impossible to make me mad, which is a good thing sometimes but also a bad thing. I let people get away with stuff without getting angry about it. Someone told me that I was gonna snap one day; all the anger I've been holding inside is gonna make me shoot up a building or something.

6. I'm obsessed with finding creative ways to kill people. Let me clarify, I would never do it, but I think about ways to do it. For some reason I can put myself in the shoes of a murderer or a terrorist and say, "this would be an effective way to kill a whole buncha muhfuckas." It's not even a morality issue, but more of a creative exercise. Did I mention that I would never kill anyone? Hell, I haven't even been in a fight since elementary school. I blame my macabre "talent" on the writer in me. I fully expect to get the the cut eye for this one. For the sake of not totally repulsing you, I wont include any examples of ways I've come up with to kill people.

7. I've been influenced by one movie more than any other: New Jersey Drive. Let me explain, I didn't go out and start stealing cars like they did, and I usually can separate the movies from real life. But when I saw this movie, (like 20 times) I actually started unintentionally mimicking their speech patterns. I started talking like I was from up North again. Now like 13 years later, I still will tell you "aiight son', or tell you "fuckouttahere, yo!" (leaving off the "get the") in a NY/NJ accent or throw in "worrrd???" or "nahmean?" in everyday speech patterns. Have I mentioned I haven't been to NY/NJ since 1992? I think its all from watching that movie so many times.

Okay, I'm not gonna tag anyone because I don't follow rules (you can make that #8.) If you just can't get enough of me talking about myself, feel free to check out my 101 things about me list from the old blog, conveniently linked for your perusing pleasure. One!