Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 1 of 3

I'm typing this fresh off of some drank, so forgive me if I start rambling. I'm not drunk by any means, but I can still feel it just a tad...

So, I'm in the midst of a 3 day weekend. I'm off Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I couldn't be happier. Although work is not really stressing me and there are some cool people that I've gotten to know at work over the last couple of weeks, I would much rather be NOT working. I'll take that R and R any day. Today, wasn't exactly what I would call relaxing, but it was cool nonetheless. The first thing I did today was to watch Lost and Grey's Anatomy on the computer. Lost was good, but not as good as the last few episodes. Re: Greys...Jam, you were right, I didn't like that crap. I mean, I get what they were going for, but the whole episode seemed wack, not just the part with Private Twan. The whole subplot with the dating disclosures was far fetched too.


Oh yeah, the whole point of talking about watching these shows was so I could tell you about what had happened the other night. So, I've had the same chair at my desk for 3 years. It was a cheap little leather computer chair I copped from Walmart and put together. BTW, I completely have no aptitude for putting stuff together. I can't follow those instructions for anything. Okay, so Thursday morning, I'm sitting at computer trying and failing to finish my Questions post. It's 4 AM and I'm a little sleepy. I'm not comfortable in my chair, so I lean over to the right. In doing so, I completely flipped over the chair and fell on my ass. I just sat there for a few minutes, like did this really happen? I swear it was the funniest thing and if I had video, I would definitely share it. In the course of my fall, I broke the chair handle. Pictures below.... So, my chair is broken, so what do I do? I turned my love seat around and pushed it in front of the computer. LOL. It doesn't look good, but it sure is comfortable. LOL



The chair was old, but I'm cheap. I don't want to buy another one. We'll see how long I can roll with the love seat thing...

Okay, so after the computer tv watching thing, I go to get a haircut. The guy that cut my hair last time was leaving to get lunch so I went to this other cat. He did an all right job, but not like last time. Last time's cut was extra fresh, this one was more run of the mill. He also cut too much off the top. I'm trying to get my curly afro game popping and he set me back a couple of weeks. I left the barbershop and went to my least favorite place on earth: the mall. I went to Northlake cuz it's close and they have a Macy's there. Usually I can go in Macy's, find what I want and jet without stepping foot into the rest of that godforsaken place. Today was no exception. Copped a few summer shirts, some replacement work pants, and some smell good and bounced within 25 minutes. I realized I forgot to get shoes after I left, but that will have to wait until I feel like darkening the malls doorstep again. Here are pictures of my post haircut camera whoring...



Ignore the off brand lotion in the forefront. You probably didn't even notice until I said something. I think this is the only picture I've posted that features more than just my head and shoulders.


My head and shoulders...

Later that afternoon, I hung out with my family. All of my nephews and my niece were there. My brother came through with the little one. We played and watched Elmo in Grouchland on HBO On Demand and the big kids played on my computer. Nothing special, but just real cool to be able to have them all together. Might be the last time I see them all together before they move to Savannah... Maybe not... Regardless...Here are more and more pictures...



Me and all the kids...


Carlin, Dominique and Justin. This a temporary tattoo on Carlin's arm. It's not a horrible burn caused by a neglectful uncle. LOL


Me, Carlin and Just Blaze... This was take 47, I think. Kids wouldn't look at the camera.

That leads to the nighttime maneuvers. I went out. I hung out with Kristie for awhile. Her fiancee was there too for a minute, but he was with his coworkers and they left before we did. Got nice and buzzed. Had some good laughs, had some real talk, hurt some feelings... you know a typical Friday night. Then a little later, I hit up another spot for a little while to hang out with some co workers. Interesting developments there. You know how people sometimes act differently in public than they do at work? For the most part, everyone maintained their personalities which was cool. No crazy belligerent, can't handle their liquor tirades... at least while I was there. Those could have happened before I arrived since I was mad tardy. Anyway, I hung out with my young homegirl from work and another cool girl for most of the time I was there. Had some more drinks, talked a little trash, got a little flirty, broke one of my rules... Good times... We'll see if things are still all good when I go back to work on Monday.

I may have been feeling the drink when I first started, but I'm good now. Hopefully tomorrow will be another day filled with good stuff. Have a great weekend!!!