Monday, May 12, 2008

Prove It

Somebody told me the other day that I need to comment on more peoples pages because my comments have been slacking. She said that its all about reciprocity. I know that. I been in the game for a minute and I just don't care to follow 40 bloggers everyday like I used to. I'm good with my core group. That being said...

I was on the hunt this weekend for a new blogger. You know, someone that nobody else reads that I could shape and mold into the type of blogger I want them to be. I know that's arrogant and I failed. First of all, its hard to find new bloggers that haven't already been tainted by that blogger that I can't stand. He/she be commenting on everybody's joints. As many new blogs as I read this weekend, no one stood out. I actually found myself reading these blogs with The Smirk. There were certain things that just annoyed me. Most of it was because people were making claims without offering any evidence.



For example, bloggers with names like Pretty Girl, Cutey Pie or Sexxydiva. Those aren't real names, but they are representative of what I saw. How can you sit here and brag about how fly you are without providing any evidence of it? Let me judge your pretty. Post a picture of yourself or something if you are that confident in the way you look. I'm not saying you are lying, but prove it. I'm supposed to believe you are extra fly, but you don't even have a profile picture? Not gonna happen. For all I know you can look like Shabba and Biggies love child.



People that say they are writers were annoying me too. It's like "I'm a writer. Check out my links for information about my novel." Really? Then why is your blog riddled with horrible subject matter with spelling and grammar errors. And I'm not talking about slang or stuff like that. I mean stuff like saying "there" instead of "their." Or consistently switching tenses or perspectives in the same post. And I'm supposed to buy your (self published) novel? You haven't shown me anything that would make me want to spend my loot on your garbage hood fiction novel. Come on with that. You say you are a writer, then prove it.

How about these cats that give out relationship advice? This is both men and women. They tell you how to handle your relationship, give you rules to follow, situations to avoid. But are they married? Are they in a successful relationship? What exactly qualifies you to be giving advice? I need to see "married for 10 years" next to your name before I would even think about accepting your advice. I can mess up my relationship all by myself, thankyouverymuch! And then, half the time, the advice that's given is just basic common sense like "Dont go out with a guy you think is gay" or "don't stay with a woman that slept with your best friend." Where's the insight? You got something profound to say that'll help your readers, then by all means prove it. But until then go ahead and keep your horrible advice.

Man, the gossip blogs. Maybe my heterosexuality prevents me from liking these. Maybe it's my disdain for celebrity worship. Whatever it is, whenever I read some gossip site, I always have the same reaction. "How do you know?" I don't care what they say.. I could make something up right now and have people believing it. Can I get a documented source or something? And why do they have to be so mean about it? I swear if these celebrities didn't exist, then what would your crappy blog be about? Its okay not to like a celebrity, but come on, don't act like you know what goes on in Ush.er's house, or claim to know that Eddi.e Murph.y is boonkie buddies (that's old school Savannah slang for gay dudes. I didn't know how to spell it. LOL) with Joh.nny Gi.ll. You don't know that. You haven't seen it. You are just going by what you read somewhere else. If you do know it, and feel the need to tell everybody about it, then go ahead and prove it. Let me just tell you in advance, unnamed sources are not proof. They are rumors.

Finally, those new bloggers that claim to have so much to say in their first few posts, but then go on an extended hiatus need to prove to me that they can write consistently before I drop a comment on their page. They say they have so much drama to write about, but then don't write for a month. I need them to either delete their pages, or come with a post. I know, they are neophytes and don't know the blog rules yet, but how can they expect me to keep up with them if they only post twice a month. I'll be damned if I cyberstalk their pages everyday while seeing the same old post everyday. Prove to me that you have something to say, and I'll be there. Otherwise, stick to MySpace blogging, cuz nobody reads that crap anyway.

The first person to get offended or try to explain why they do these things in my comments will lose 10 cool points*. I'm so obviously talking about new bloggers. If I've ever left a comment on your page, or you on mine, I'm totally not talking to you. This applies only to the bloggers I am just getting around to read. The ones that will not be reading this post. I'm not out to change the blog world, but just to explain why it was so hard to find a new blogger out there. Are we clear about that? I'm not talking about you (to your face), oh gentle readers. LOL

* Cool Points are a registered trademark of Rashan Jamal and are allocated solely at his discretion. Cool Points are only valid on Beats Rhymes and Life and are non transferable to other blogs. Cool Points can be redeemed for comments, blog luv and shout outs. Cool Kids status contigent on regular posting and commenting. Rashan Jamal reserves the right to revoke cool kids status without further notice. For complete program rules, please refer to previous posts about blogging located on the sidebar.