Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Questions...Part 2

Let's get part 2 of the questions started. Scroll down for part one if you haven't read it yet.

Ladynay asked...

What side of the bed do you sleep on?

I'm sleeping on the couch now a days, but when I do sleep in a bed, I don't really have a side I have to sleep on. Whatever side gives me the best view of the TV is where I will be. Mostly because I have to fall asleep with the TV on to avoid thinking too much. When I do that, there's no hope at all for sleeping.

How many times have you been in love?

I honestly don't know the answer to this one. I know one for sure. Then there are a couple of other ones where I thought I was, but may not have been because I turned the love faucet off mad quickly.

When is your birthday (shoot me if you mention it alot)

November 25th, 1974. Sagittarius. Currently accepting tardy presents from last year and early presents from this year. Give me some gifts, yo!

Who do you consider your best friend and why?

Kristie is my bestest friend. I think its a consistency thing. No matter who comes and goes from my life, she's been there for the last 7, 8 years. Plus, she cooks for me and lets me have my way with her female friends. LOL I'm (half) kidding.

Where would you rather be right now?

I'd like to be somewhere where it's 70 degrees with a light breeze. I got nothing to do except sit outside and enjoy the weather. No particular destination though.

If you could slap one musician or group for making some TRASH in your opinion, who or what group would it be?

The music snob in me can't pick just one. I'd like to slap a gang of music industry cats. If I had to pick one, it would be T. Pain. Here's the logic behind it... I know T. Pain sucks. I know his music is bad, so please explain to me how them songs stay stuck in my head. I'd slap him for making horrible music so palatable.

Do you have a favorite group of all time?

Does Prince and the Revolution count as a group, if so I'll pick them. Other than that, A Tribe Called Quest, GangStarr, Jodeci are some of the many. I realize I didn't technically answer the question, but you get the point.

Have you blogged about the most out there chick you've been with?

Sure did. That would be Veronica the stalker. The one that is soon to be having twins, but is still trying to get at me on MySpace ten years after we broke up. The one that told people that I was the father of her kids, the one that brewed marijuana in my sweet tea to get me high so I wouldn't leave. The one that took a picture of me from when I was 4 and blew it up and had it hanging on her wall. The one that said she was gonna kill herself if I left. The one that tried to put roots on me. The one that... I wrote about it here. LOL

What's your favorite sweet?

I don't really do sweets too much, but I love brownies. Unfortunately, they don't love me back. Anything with caffeine in it, like chocolate, I have to be careful about. Caffeine is my migraine trigger. If I have too much, or on some days, even if I have just a little then I'll get a monster sized headache. Other than that, I love Milkshakes and banana pudding.

If the future Mrs. Jamal could fix you your favorite meal what would it be?

Her.. I mean, I pretty much eat anything except cantaloupe and sushi. I'm far from being particular about my meals. For the sake of the answer, I'll go with a breakfast feast. Pancakes, grits, bacon, eggs, all of that. I love breakfast foods, but I never eat it in the morning. I did a tag about my favorite foods once. Like to read it? Here it go!

If you could go anywhere, money not an option, where would it be and if anyone, who would you take?

Let’s go to sleep in Paris,
And wake up in Tokyo.
Have a dream in New Orleans,
Fall in love in Chicago,
Mayne.

Then we can land in the motherland,
Camelback across the desert sand.
Take a train, to Rome, or home,
Brasil, forreal.
Wherever I go she goes.
Wherever I go she goes.

Lupe Fiasco - "Paris Tokyo"

If you had one superhero ability what would it be?

I'd want to be invisible. After my trip to the women's locker room, LOL, I could sneak up on people and do jerky stuff like knock the hat off their head, or tie their shoelaces together, or steal their ATM pin code. LOL. What I meant to say was "I'd like to use my invisibility to help bring about world peace."

Favorite movie of all time?

Pulp Fiction... no, Fight Club.. no Pulp Fiction!

Do you need more questions, cuz I can go on?

Thank you for hooking me up. I think I'll be okay. LOL

Minerva asked...

Have you dated/slept with a woman significantly older?

I have not dated/slept with anyone older than me. It just hasn't worked out that way. Lisa was about 7 months younger. PHD might have been a year younger. Other than that, everybody has been at least 3 years younger than I. I tell myself that I have a 5 year rule. 5 years older, 5 years younger, but that rule often gets broken. I have no backbone when it comes to the fairer sex. Anything that I put on the list will be ignored for the right one.

Have you been to a Braves game?

I've been to a few Braves games. The last time I went was a couple of years ago. I took my nephew to a playoff game against Houston. You didn't ask, but I also took him and his sister to a Hawks game this year, and I used to go see the Falcons before Mike Vick's homeboys decided to snitch on him and ruined the team for me. You wanna come to a game with me?

Would you leave Atlanta?

Yeah, I have nothing holding me here. It will be easier to leave now, since my sister and her kids are moving back to the Seaport City. Yeah, my brother and his wife are in the area, but I rarely see them as is. So, to answer your question, yeah, I would leave Atlanta, but it would have to be for another metropolis. I'm not cut out for country life.

Do you ever go to SSU's homecoming?

I went the year after I graduated and that was it. We're talking like 10 years ago. I just don't like going to Savannah, and when I do, I tend to avoid places that have the potential for me bumping into an ex. So, homecoming is out. The mall is out. Frozen Paradise.. I know its closed, but its still out. LOL

Have you burned the electric yellow hoodie yet?

I have not and will not burn the electric yellow hoodie. You don't understand how comfortable that thing is. And besides, I have another FUBU shirt for you guys to hate on for the spring/summer. This one is a blue and black baseball type jersey that I got back in 1998. That joint has been with me through the thick and thin, and the colors are still vibrant. I'll be sure to post pictures to make you laugh at that instead of the hoodie.

La asked...

1. You get to design your own headstone. What does it say?

Rashan is still alive, check back in a few years. LOL Okay, I guess its just simple, my name, date of birth and date of death. If you must have more words, then Loving son, brother and uncle, but I don't like to think about death, since I'm currently a filthy heathen.

2. You're married. You have problems conceiving. Do you let another man (non-sexually) father your child?

Wow, good question. Since we are talking sperm donor and not doing my wiz... I'd say go for it, but only if all other avenues have been exhausted. I'd probably want to adopt before going this route, but I can understand if my wife would want to have a kid with similar DNA.

3. Name 1 moment that's changed your life. Explain why.

Leaving my last job involuntarily. I don't wanna use the F word, but that's what happened after 6 years. And the circumstances surrounding it were so messed up, that it took me some time to recover financially, my confidence, my good spirits. I really went through a rough patch. I'm not gonna say that I'm happy that I got that pink slip, but I'm happy that I was able to make it through it without completely losing my brain. I'm back in a good place again. You really learn to appreciate what you have when it's taken (or in this case thrown) away. No, I'm not gonna tell you what I did to get fired. I still have some of the old co workers reading from time to time, so I don't want to get them involved. If you just must know, send me an email and I'll think about telling you.


4. We always here about the RJ "charm" and how no one can resist and yadda yadda. So who's the one that got away?

I don't know where you hear about the charm from. I mean, I am pretty damn charming, but I don't brag on it. If I was so charming, I probably wouldn't be celibate for as long as I have been. Yes, I've had opportunities that I passed up, but anyone with half a brain would have avoided those situations. (for example, the work stalker.) But that wasn't your question, you asked about the one that got away. Well, since I already told you about my stalking situation, I'll pull out another of those stories from the archives of my mind. There are so many. Again, I'm charming, but not always. Matter of fact, can I get away with making this a Flashback Friday post? It'll give me more time and space to answer this question. BTW, that may have sounded like a question, but it was really me telling you what I am going to do.


5. Let's say you meet a blogger. You guys talk offline, REALLY hit it off. She's dope, every thing you listed on your list. After a few months you decide to meet in person. You roll up...She's a Barbie. What do you do?

Obviously, you didn't read the old blog (and no those posts aren't still up.) Been there, done that. Refuse to talk about it. That was the one thing that I said I wouldn't answer. I know that just intrigues you more, and I'm sorry for that, but I made a decision not to blog about that quite some time ago, and I'm sticking to it. The few people that know the ENTIRE story, not just the half way correct version posted on Nikki's blog would probably agree with my decision to hold this story in. Sorry again.

Magnolia Peach asked...

1. You're in the bathroom and have ran out of tissue completely, what do you do?

Take a shower. Then disinfect the bathtub. LOL

2. If you could say one thing to one person that you never got to say, who and what would it be?

To Senita, Andria, Terri, LaTarsha, Charita, et al... I'm sorry I disappeared on you. In retrospect I should not have devalued our friendship for my relationship. When I moved to Atlanta, I should have made a better effort to keep in touch. Hell, before I moved I should have kept in touch better. I regret that I took the easy way out and cut you guys off instead of standing firm in our friendship. I hope that you all have been leading prosperous lives.

3. Did I see you on Ponce for Cinco De Mayo?!

I was on Ponce, but not for Cinco De Mayo. It depends what part of Ponce you talking about. I'm quite often on East Ponce, but if I'm on Ponce in the city then I'm just riding through.

4. You meet a woman, y'all start dating, next thing you know you are in love. She is everything you could have wanted and are hoped for. You decide to take her to a family reunion and are informed that she is your third cousin. Do you continue to date her?

I've stopped talking to people for far less than that. I'm gonna have to call that relationship a day.

5. "You know third and fourth relation don't count" - What movie is that from?!

I have no earthly idea, although it does sound vaguely familiar.

Canon or is it Cannon asked...

Is your life really this interesting or do you embellish? sometimes? no disrespect meant, but you be having the wildest stories I ever read.

On the contrary, my life is pretty damn boring. I don't do much, and I don't have many current experiences to write about. Howsomever... I meet the craziest, most out there, awe inspiring people. All my stories are about 98% true. I leave the 2% margin to account for false memories, intoxicated memory lapses and dialogue discrepancies. I never intentionally have made anything up on the blog, except when I was trying to trick you guys, in which case I always let you know by the end of the post. Crazy tends to follow me, and as long as it does, I'll keep writing about it.

If you were a rapper, what would be your stage name? what would you rap about?

Wow, I'ont know. I used to be called BME (Black Man Extraordinaire) then changed it to BMX (same thing, just capitalizing on the ex prefix) then I was the Lyrical Assassin. This was back in the days like 89 -90. As I got older, my rap name was my real name: Rashan Jamal. I can't write or freestyle like I used to. Son, for real I was nice and I'm not just saying that because of my ego, but because that's the way it was. I completely suck at it now. If I were a rapper, I'd be on some Talib Kweli stuff. Conscious, without being preachy. Raps about everything, from girls, to parties to politics to just straight up boasting. That's the formula I would follow.


If you were a contemporary country singer, with a splash of new wave/funk, what would be your stage name?

Bubba McExtraterrestial... I don't know. That question threw me for a loop.

low paying job (like 15,000/yr) with creative freedom or 6-figure job (like 650,000/yr) with very little room to do what you like? you can't save up from the high paying job to retire and do what you want, because you'll be blacklisted and you can't get pension until you've been in the company for 25 yrs.

I can't live off of 15K, so no matter how much creative freedom I have, rent gotta get paid. Blogger gotta eat, yo. I'm have to go with the 6 figures joint.

good music or no-strings-attached, no risk of virus sex? you can only have ONE for the rest of your life.

I know I can live without sex. I've been doing it for a minute now. I don't know that I can live without music. That being said, I'm a have to get my procreation on. Wait, can I still listen to mediocre music?

Cherry's Kid asked...

I got a question...why so many relationships in the past and no one now?

I didn't have a lot of relationships to begin with. I just had long ones. But why no one now? I could give my old standby excuse that women in the ATL don't dig me like women from other places, but the truth is that I have little or no patience in developing relationships now a days. At the first sign of discomfort, I'm out, son! This causes me to sacrifice possibilities far too often. I'm working on it. I'm trying to do better, but then we have the next reason. I made a decision not to date women that I work with, which severely limits my dating pool. I don't go out that often, and when I do, I don't apply myself like I should. I take the lazy way out of dating friends of friends instead of looking for new exciting, interesting prospects. I wish I could say that I'm working on this one too, but my self diagnosed social anxiety disorder makes that one a difficult road to travel. I don't know, I think I just have issues with opening up on a real personal level when it comes to a romantic relationship. I can tell all you anonymous bloggers every little embarrassing detail of my life, but I for some reason don;t allow for that same vulnerability in my real life. I know this sounds like excuses, and maybe they are, but as I'm known to say...it is what it is.

Okay, now I'm done. If anybody has any other questions let me know. Or send me an email: visionz74@yahoo.com. I'm out, yo!