Friday, May 16, 2008

Things I'm Not Gonna Do This Weekend

It's Friday, yo! Time to celebrate, hit the town, maybe meet some nice eligible women. At the very least, sip on something with my friends. Yeah, I'm not gonna do any of that this weekend. I could come up with some good plans, but chances are I'm gonna be sitting at home this weekend twiddling my thumbs in between sporadic phone call ducking and Internet TV watching. I know, pathetic, but I kinda like it. Last weekend was my go out time, this weekend, Umma do me nothing. But if I wasn't feeling withdrawn, these are some of the things I might do.

Go out to dinner. There's nothing like hanging out with good friends with good food and good drink. I wanna go back to this spot. I haven't been there since I hung out with some bloggers almost a year and a half ago. It doesn't have to be there, just somewhere a little more upscale and different than the same old spots I frequent with my people. It's already on the itinerary to go back here in a couple weeks, but you know, that's a couple weeks away.

Go out on a date. I could combine the dinner thing with the date thing. Maybe take a nice young lady out and have shut down the restaurant conversations, my favorite. I wanna check this place out. I think the whole rotating thing is cool. I went to one when I was in Kansas City, but not in my own city. I think that would be a nice setting for a date. Maybe check out the High Museum for some art and jazz. I know, I'm all about hip hop, but I can be diverse. It just looks cool. Or check out a show at the Alliance, although I think its closed right now with all that construction going on downtown. Do something grown up for a change.

Take my nephew and niece to a Braves games. I see they are in town this weekend. I haven't been to a game in a couple years. Last time was a playoff game. Me and Tarik had a good time. I could have a last hurrah before they blow this city and I see them once in a blue moon like the rest of my family. I should have thought about this earlier. I don't even know if they are with my sister or her ex husband this weekend.

Go to a movie. I'm embarrassed to say the last time I went to a movie was like in July or August. I went to see the Bourne Supremacy with PHD. I didn't realize how long it's been since I did that. I'm definitely a DVD guy, but going to a movie is a quick simple way to get out of the house. Plus I can do it by myself. No searching around for someone to accompany me. What's even playing though?

Hit up a strip club. I know good and well I'm not going to any of those clubs that constantly advertise on the radio. You know those free until 11, ballers are here, type clubs. I'm also not trying to hit up those old playa up in the club spots either. (Diva, Jameil, Desy...shut it up. I can already hear your brains working. LOL) But this guy at work was telling me about a hip hop spot, only he couldn't remember the name. I should see if he remembers what it is. I could get with that.

Go see Duran Duran. Word bond, son! (Like the way, I talked hip hop to cover up my inner white guy?) They gonna be at the Chastain Ampitheatre on Saturday. I know I might be the only Black guy there, but I grew up on them cats. Don't get me started on how I would rock out to their music back in New York. Let "The Reflex" or "Hungry Like A Wolf" come on and watch how quickly I abandon my hip hop demeanor and transform into that 10 year old that was geeked out watching those videos in New York (mostly because at the time you couldn't find hip hop and R&B videos on regular TV.) Yeah, I know I'm not gonna actually do that, but its a thought.

Go buy a new office chair for my computer. I gots to do this one. I niggarigged the loveseat up to the computer last night. Had the keyboard and the mouse next to me so I could get comfortable. Guess who fell straight asleep and woke up with qwerty on his forehead? Okay, not literally, but I did wake up on top of the keyboard like it was my pillow. You saw how broke up the chair is. I'm gonna have to go get one soon.

Wash clothes. Yeah, right. As long as I have clean drawers and t shirts, that laundry is gonna continue to pile up. It really hasn't been that long, but there's no excuse when all I have to do is walk towards the back of the apt to wash clothes. It would be different if I had to lug them to a laundromat. To be honest, its not even the washing that bothers me, its the folding and hanging up that gets on my nerves.

Yeah, that's what I'm not gonna do this weekend. I'm gonna more than likely just veg out and be a bum. I know I should be getting out, but I don't feel like being around people right now. I just want to relax and do nothing. Is that so bad? If it is, then too bad. It is what it is. What aren't you gonna do this weekend?