Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Aaayyy Shawty, She's Independent, Ain't That Right Luda?

Aaayyyy

That is quickly becoming the most annoying sound in the world to me. You may not be familiar with it, or you just maybe paid attention to it. But in every other rap and R&B song out now, there’s some dude or dudes in the background yelling “Aaaayyy” Let me see how I can explain it in words… You know that Usher song Love in the club, in the chorus while he’s crooning about getting it in in a public place, his boys are saying “Aaayyy

“I Wanna Make Love In This Club (aaayyy) In This Club (aayyy)”

Next time you listen to the radio, check it out. You gonna hear this aaayyy in way too many songs. The Dream, Jeezy, Young Berg, LL, and countless others. I was listening to my co workers horrible music all day yesterday, and I heard it in like 4 songs in a row.

Shawty...

Its bad enough when I hear this around the A or rather around DeKalb County, cuz I don’t be going out in the A anymore. But now it’s everywhere. It used to just be Atlanta cats, now its rappers from wherever, or even worse singers. And I’m not talking just hood singers like T Pain and them, but established R&B cats are calling women, “shawty” in their songs. I don’t know much about picking up women, but from what I read, they don’t like being called names like “shawty” or “lil mama” or “ hey you with the big booty and the overbite!” LOL

She’s Independent...

How many independent woman anthems are there gonna be? I mean, it’s one thing if they are coming from women, but men singing about this are simply pandering. Yes, Ne-Yo, I’m talking about you. Besides, all these faux empowerment songs are not really about independent women, they are about rich women. Last time I checked, you don’t have to be a boss to be independent. You don’t have to be balling out of control in order to handle your business. Some real independent women are just normal women that have to struggle, that don’t know how they are gonna pay their bills, but still do. Also, how independent do you think that these women are gonna feel when you are actually just still using them as sex objects, albeit sex object you don’t have to spend money on? Okay, I’m probably thinking too much about this one, but that’s what I do!

Ain’t that right, Luda, Wayne, Pain, Ross and Tip…

The south is taking over. They been done took over. And yes I’m aware that is not correct English. But really, do they have to be on every song? Can you make an R&B track without one of the aforementioned cats rhyming on it or a rap track without them guest starring on it? I just don’t wanna hear Wayne’s greatest hits back to back with only an interruption for some Rick Ross or Luda. And then when they get up on the posse cuts… I’m like oh no.. all of them on the same track? Please just slow down on it. I get bored easily, especially when you are talking about the same things in the same way with sometimes the same lyrics. Perhaps, that’s just me.



I don't think all this music is bad. I just get annoyed quickly with the lack of originality and repetitiveness. Also, I don't seek out these songs. I only hear them at work or if I forget my ipod. It's a long drive to work without any distraction, even if it is wack or cliched music that's distracting me.