Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Isn't It Ironic, Don't Cha Think?

You know how I think I'm smarter than everyone else? Maybe you didn't know that, but I do. It's not because I'm cocky. I mean, I am, but that's not why I think I'm smarter. On a side note, even my girlfriend thought I was obnoxious when she first started reading my blog. But anyway, back to the point. I think I'm smarter than everyone else because of the preponderance of evidence that proves it. Work yesterday provided more fuel to that fire...

So, I'm walking in the office actually on time for once and I see there's a table by the front door filled with cookies, cakes, brownies and other confectionery goodies. I see a sign explaining what it's for....

Bake Sale For The American Diabetes Association

I'll let that sink in....

...

...

Now, I know all of my readers are much smarter than the people I work with. You immediately got the irony of that sign, right? If not, just nod your head and pretend. I wont tell anyone that you are dumber than a box of rocks didn't get it. A bake sale??? To benefit diabetes research??? I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure that diabetics aren't exactly clamoring for sugar products. I found it funny. I pointed it out to one of the managers. She failed to find the humor in it. Not that she didn't think it was funny, she just didn't get it. She gave me the blank face followed by the blink blink look. I was like, never mind don't even worry about it you big dummy.

But on the real, I shouldn't really complain about my job. At least they are trying to be charitable. In fact, later this week they are having a fish fry to support the Georgia Aquarium. Ribs for Ramadan is sure to be a big hit in the office. And I can't wait until the wine auction to support Alcoholics Anonymous. I'm so glad that I work for company that believes in giving back. LOL