Monday, September 15, 2008

Rashan's Uncomfortable Interaction Of The Week

Okay, this is getting to be a regular occurrence and I wish it would stop... The Date: Saturday 9/13. The time: around 2:00 AM. The place: Pilot Gas Station in Tifton Georgia.

I'm on my way down to Florida for the weekend. I already got gas before the prices shot up to $5. That's a whole nother post. I actually saw gas for $5 Friday night. Crazy! Anyway, I'm mad thirsty so I pull off on an exit that has light and looks like it would be free of the Klan. I go inside to get me a soda and a honey bun. As I'm wandering the aisles (cuz that's just what I do) I see these two young ladies doing the same. One of them speaks, so I return the pleasantries. One of them looks like a regular old female. She had a scarf over her permed hair, some jeans and an entirely too small t-shirt. But that's neither here nor there. The other one was wearing one of those women's wife beaters and some green soccer type shorts. She had some Poetic Justice type braids on and she looked kinda familiar. About a minute later as I'm picking up my caffeine free root beer, it hits me. This chick looks like Miss J from Top Model. It wasn't a very pretty sight.

Okay, so I go to the register and I get there at the same time as the two young ladies. I let them go in front of me. Miss J says to me..

"Ooooh, you such a gentleman."

It's at this moment that I realize that this is not a woman at all. IT'S A MAN!!! So, I'm trying to hide my shock, cuz my face shows everything. I'm staring down at my shoes as to not make eye contact. They are, however, taking forever at the register. This other guy comes into the gas station. Apparently he was waiting for his friends in the car.

"What is taking you bytches so long?"

Yep, he was sugary sweet too. The Twan twins start cackling and Small T Shirt is just standing there looking embarrassed.

"This guy behind us let us go in front of him. Ain't he a gentleman?" That was Miss J.

"Oooh, how sweet." This was the guy in the car. He continued. "You going to the club?"

"Nah" I said tersely as to not encourage any further conversation.

"You should come to the club with us. Our homegirl need a boyfriend."

"Nah, I'm good" I pull out my phone and pretend to take a call.

"You guys are so embarrassing!" Small T shirt says and then turns to me. "I'm sorry, I can't take them nowhere."

"Whatever, bytch. We trying to find you a man."

I heard Car guy say this as I got out of the line and pretended to get some potato chips. They left, so I went back to the cashier and paid for my stuff and left. Why do people insist on talking to me?