Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cynical or Realist?

Read the following statement paraphrased from a conversation I had yesterday and tell me: Am I a cynic or a realist?

Barack can't say anything about Palin's fast daughter. Sure, he says "family is off limits," but what else is he gonna say? It's a political move. He would be crucified if he came out and attacked Palin for having an unwed teenage daughter. Don't get me wrong. I really like Barack, but he's still a politician and motivated by political things. He didn't get where he is now without knowing how to play the game. And while he won't come out and comment on the irony of the situation, that doesn't mean he won't turn the other way while his people keep it in the news.

See, I was told I was a cynic. And I guess by the dictionary definition that could be true. But I feel I'm just being real. I'm not looking at Barack with rose colored glasses. I know that he has to do things sometimes that he may not personally agree with, but are necessary. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with being political. Its the only way to get things done sometimes. So, I don't think I was being cynical. I was just looking at the reality of the situation and making an evaluation. What do you think? Am I a cynic or am I a realist?