Monday, September 8, 2008

Au Hasard

I figured if I said it in French, it would be more palatable than the english translation... but it's not. This is just another random post.

Will someone please stop giving Nicolas Cage movie scripts? He hasn't been in anything good in the last ten years. (I haven't seen National Treasure, so I might be overlooking that one) Plus the whole quirky, weird guy act wore thin years ago. He be making some bad movies.

ATLANTA FALCONS!!! First place, baby!!! I figured I better type that before they go on a 7 game losing streak. Might be my only chance to gloat this year!!!

Five hours and 14 minutes. That's how long it takes to get to Gainesville. I've done it 3 times already and possibly will be doing it again next weekend. I don't speed, but around the 4 hour mark, I have to watch the speedometer to make sure I'm not getting a lead foot.

Uncomfortable Interaction of the Weekend: In a gas station just across the Georgia side of the GA/FL border on I 75. Random Trucker: I have to ask you something. Me: (Blank look.) Random Trucker: Are you wearing shoulder pads or are those your real shoulders? Me: Huh? Random Trucker: It's just your shoulders are so broad. You look very formidable. Like you should be playing professional football. Me: Umm..Okay. (praying that this methed out cashier hurries up and takes my money). Random Trucker: You look really powerful. Me: Thanks, I guess.

I know Freedom of Speech is guaranteed by the Constitution, but the founding fathers obviously never knew about talk radio. I'm just saying, there's no way that some of these people should be allowed to express an opinion on anything, much less the Presidential election.

Speaking of which, I usually can just ignore rhetoric from the other politcal party. I usually can respect that they actually beleive what they are saying. Palin is testing that outlook. I just want to put her on Maury so she can do one of those lie detector joints. When you said that you have more experience that Obama, the lie detector determined that was a lie!!! Then maybe she can run crying off the stage like they do on those "I had sex with 39 people, which one is the baby daddy?" shows. For real, I usually don't get worked up about politics, but this one is getting me.

I need a cover story about how me and Jameil met. People at work were asking me and I didn't want to tell them, oh we both blog. Cuz then they would probably ask me one of two questions: 1. "What's a blog?" which I don't feel like explaining or 2.) "Can I read your blog?" To which the answer would be a resounding "Nah, shawty! I be talking bout you on there. "

Can someone explain the need to continue the economic embargo against Cuba? Are we scared that communism is gonna spread to America from that tiny nation? And don't give me that human rights stuff, cuz we trade with China amongst other alleged human rights violaters. It seems to me that the only ones hurting from this policy are the Cuban citizens, not the leaders.

Can I just say how strange it is to hear "Never Woulda Made It" on the radio right after "Please Excuse My Hands." Some radio director needs to learn a thing or three about transitions.

Text Message I recieved earlier this week: "Hey U. Just wanted 2 say hello. hope all is well." Area code 732... I have no idea who this is. If its any of you out there, text me back and put your name on it. That's Jersey, I think. And before you ask why I don't just reply back asking who it is... that could be a stalker.. or a former stalker trying to reopen the lines of communication. Best to ignore it. LOL

Whenever there's a hurricane threatening Savannah, my grandmother prays it off. A major hurricane hasn't hit Savannah since my grandma's been living there. Whether you beleive it is up to you.. but my question is... If you pray a hurricane away from you and it hits another area of the country, does that make you responsible for the damage?

Least favorite blog comment: "Cool blog, I'll be back.." This hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it on other peoples blogs. I'm like did you even read the post? Or do you just wan't people to read yours. Speaking of which.. I've been slacking on my reading the last week. If you came by and I haven't come visited you, then get over it...Oops, I meant, I'll try to get round there soon. LOL

I have another crazy blog idea. I hope I have time to finish it at work tomorrow. You know how I get when the sarcasm is on full blast. It could be fun...

I should be sleeping instead of writing these completely random thoughts, so I think I'll go do that now. Have a good one!