Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Funny Valentine

I been chillin all day. Listening to my newest obsession Pan.dora radio, watching movies, lurking (that's right I said it) on blogs and stuff, and exchanging messages with some bloggers. I took my day off to do pretty much nothing. Until about 20 minutes ago. I went to go to gas station to get an orange powerade. Not sure why, but I really wanted one. I get to my car and what do I see?

There was a Valentine's Day card and some balloons on my car from a secret admirer. WTF? I got a couple of issues with this. My first thought was this seems like something my friends would do just to mess with me, but I doubt it. See, nobody knows where I live. Even my closest friends have ever been out here. It's a combination of me just not inviting them, and also living on the other side of town. All my peoples are in Cobb County and I'm in Dekalb. They don't come out this way, and I'm always out that way, so it just works out that I hang out on that side of town. They aren't above a practical joke, but they aren't gonna brave traffic to do it. It can't be them, can it?

My second thought was this was the stalker at work again. But I know for damn sure that she don't know where I live. I would have noticed her following me, cuz I'm paranoid like that. I don't have a home phone, so I'm not listed. It's not possible that she could find me, is it? I checked the stalker's website, Zabasearch, and they have my address from 8 years ago, not my updated one. So that's out. Besides if it was her, she would want me to know. I would have gotten a long diatribe detailing the reasons she chose to give me a gift. I also think she would have knocked on the door. It can't be her, can it?

My last thought was that it wasn't really for me. My name wasn't anywhere on the card. It just said, Dear Handsome. I mean, that could be me, cuz, well you know I am handsome. LOL. But there was no reference to Rashan, Jamal, or any of the other fake names I use when I'm avoiding people. And the balloons were really the stuff that youngsters would give each other. The stereotypical red heart balloons. Hell I don't know.

I hate not knowing stuff. This is gonna bother me until I finally forget about it like 3 weeks from now. Maybe I'll just move. LOL Okay back to the music and emails now. I'll holla in the morning.