Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Road Trip From Hell!!!: Day 2

Click Here for Day 1. I'm writing as fast as I can. I been distracted the last week by a mixed up work schedule and other recent revelations. But I think I should get back to it this week.

The Road Trip From Hell!!!: Day 2

We woke up early for a fresh start early the next morning. I was determined to put the previous day's ugliness behind us. Tweety and I got dressed and went to breakfast. Things were okay. If there was any residual resentment, it remained unspoken. We were back to normal. After breakfast we headed back to the hotel and caught the complimentary shuttle to the Mag.ic Kin.gdom. It had been years since I last went to Disn.ey, but what I remembered was that there wasn't really that much to do there if you were over the age of 9. It didn't matter though, Tweety wanted to go, and I wanted to have fun too.

Here's where the story took the inevitable turn for the worse. Tweety knew someone who worked for the same company we worked for that was supposed to get us in free. You know Negroes are all about the hookup and if it was gonna save me $36 each, I was all for it. We were supposed to meet this person at the gate. The only problem is we didn't know what she looked like and she didn't know what we looked at. It was like a blind date situation. Somehow, she was supposed to find us amidst a sea of people. That was a little strange to me. Seemed like an awful lot of work for some free tickets. I wasn't sure why we couldn't just meet the person somewhere else and get the tickets, but apparently our hookup had to let us in the gate. One hour passed and still no sign of the hookup. I was ready to just pay and get on with it, but of course Tweety disagreed.

Why would I leave now when she is on her way?
Can you call her and tell her nevermind?
Why are you so ungrateful? She didn't have to do this.
She hasn't done anything yet. For all I know she was just talking mess.
She wouldn't do that.
Just call her.

Tweety called the hookup and found out what the deal was. Apparently, a family member of the hookup worked at Disn.eyworld and could get us in at the gate. Apparently, this person was running late. Apparently, time was running short and I just wanted to get it over with. Tweety actually said this to me.

If you wanna go, then go. I'm gonna wait for her.
So, I go and then what? You find me in there somewhere? That's crazy.
You the one acting all impatient.
You don't think I have good reason? I'm not gonna leave you here. That makes no sense.

I wanted to go far away from her, and I'm sure she wanted me to leave, but come on now. How I look leaving my girlfriend at the gate while I go into a kiddie park. I sensed another argument coming on, so I did what I always do when faced with that prospect. I compromised. Fine, I'll wait her out. She finally arrived..2 hours late and with not so much as an apology. We walked up to the gate and the hookup talked to the security guard and we were in. Tweety handed the lady some money, and we were finally inside.

How much did you give her?
$50
You mean we waited 2 hours to save $25?
I had to give her something.
Okay.

That was my way of ending what was about to become an argument. I figured we would just go and have a good time. Nothing was gonna get accomplished by continuing to question each other. We started to walk around the kingdom and were having a relatively good time. But wouldn't you know it, the old argument resurfaced. We were leaning against a wall just watching the people walk by when she brought it back up.

Don't worry about what I did with my money.
Wow, I didn't say a word. Lets just keep it moving
Yeah, but you walking around with an attitude.
Really, its all good. Don't stress it.
Then fix your face. Stop with that smirk.
You really are incapable of letting something go, aren't you. For real, it's all good
Whatever, Rashan!

And she walked off. Stormed off, actually. Now I know I probably should have walked after her but I didn't want to be in her presence at the moment. I needed a break from Tweety and all her dramatics. I also didn't want to chase after her. It was a power play. I know it was a game, and I admit that I didn't want to be the first one to show weakness. When I realized she was not gonna come back, I reluctantly followed behind her. Not close enough for her to see me, but close enough that I could see her. Getting separated amongst the throngs of people wouldn't be cool. I would say at least 20 minutes went by before she turned around and I saw tears in her eyes. I reached out and touched her on the arm to get her attention. With a devilish look on her face she stated:

Don't you fucking grab me!!!

Huh? First that wasn't a grab, don't make me out to be Ike Turner in this bitch. Secondly, that was the first time I had ever heard her curse, outside of the bedroom of course. Thirdly, there was no thirdly, I just wanted to go. I was like let's just leave. This ain't working out right. After a pretty intense "discussion" in front of German tourists, wide eyed kids and mindful security guards we managed again to put it aside. Really, who argues in the happiest place on earth. Rashan and Tweety, that's who?

We had a pretty good time after that, riding the rides, watching her geek out at the sight of her favorite Disn.ey characters, and especially at the laser and fireworks show that night. I was starting to think that the worst was behind us, and as much as I didn't like how it started, I though that we could make something of the rest of the trip. After a full day at the Ma.gic King.dom, we stood in the parking lot waiting for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel. We were exhausted from a full day in the sun, and all the walking. She leaned into me and we actually showed some affection for the first time since leaving my apartment the previous day. It was cool. We had turned the corner. Then we went back to the hotel and fell asleep... in separate beds again. Maybe the tension between us wasn't really over. We'll find out on day three.