Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

It's Super Tuesday and I was all set to stay up until the polling places opened up and cast my ballot. Not that its anyone's business, but I plan to Barack The Vote tomorrow. The polls open at 7, and since I'm usually up at that time anyway, it makes sense to get it out of the way first thing in the AM. That was my plan at least.

You know what they say about the best laid plans... I can't do my voting early in the morning. Why, you ask? Cuz I have to be at work at 8:00 in the morning tomorrow. That's a huge adjustment for me. My normal work time is 4:30-1:00. That works perfectly for me. I stay up all night, and sleep all day. I can usually manage to stay in the bed until 2:00, 2:15 at the latest. That's why you always see me blog commenting in the wee hours of the morning, much later than most people. But I actually got a promotion that I just found about today when I got to work and training starts at 8. This was a promotion that I didn't really have my heart set on, I just did it so I could get away from what I was doing now. I was starting to get burnt out doing the mindless job. Don't get me wrong it requires skill, but after being in management for the previous 2 years, it was like taking a step backwards.

The hiring manager called me at 1:30 on Friday to have a phone interview. I was grossly unprepared since I had not heard anything from them in the previous 2 weeks. I almost forgot that I applied. Luckily, I know how to answer interview questions since I was on the other side of the interview process for a long time. I managed to BS my way through the so called interview and provide quick answers. I had no idea what kind of timeframe we were looking at to make a decision. Apparently, the decision was already made since as soon as I got to work today, I had an email telling me when and where training was. The whole process was kind of bootleg, but I'm not gonna knock it, as it worked out in my favor. I was supposed to work until 1 this morning, but since I had to be at work for training bright and early, I knocked off early today. Unfortunately, my sleep pattern still thinks I can stay up until the sun comes up. Yep, I'm a be dragging tomorrow, but I'll get a nap after work tomorrow.

Back to the original point. Tomorrow is Super Tuesday. I'm still gonna Barack the vote, but I'll have to do it after work. After a long ride home in rush hour traffic. After the need for sleep has fully hit me. But I gotta do what I gotta do, right? The only reason I didn't do the early voting thing is that I wanted to rock my I VOTED sticker to work. I know that's a crazy reason, but thats the truth. Now I'll have to get it after work. I hope all of you that are in one of the Super Tuesday states exercise your constitutional right. It's vote or die, baby! (That reminds me of the South Park episode where P. Diddy was threatening people that didn't vote. Watch the last 1:10 of this video and prepare to laugh your ass off. "Vote Bitch or I Will Muthafucking Kill You" SO FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!) Anyway, I better try to get about 3 hours of sleep. I'll holla at y'all later.