Monday, February 11, 2008

The Road Trip From Hell!!! Days 3 - 5

I'm gonna try to condense this into one post, since I'm getting tired of writing about this unpleasant experience. I know it's long as hell. Break it up by days if you have to. Here are the links to Day 1 and Day 2 if you haven't read it. I know this is like a week's worth of posts in one sitting, but the story is worth it, if I do say so myself. Oh yeah, I called her Tweety cuz that's how she used to comment on my old blog. She really likes that "I thought I taw a puddy cat" Tweety Bird. LOL

The Road Trip From Hell!!! Day 3

First a little background... I was all for the trip to Orlando, but I only had one request. I wanted to go to Giordan.os. It's this pizza place I fell in love with when my sister, brother and I went to Chicago over one cold, wintry MLK weekend the year before. (That's another story I never told.) They have the best stuffed pizza I have ever had in my life, and they had a location in Orlando, so that was a must.

When we woke up the next morning, the plan was to visit 2 of the other Disn.ey parks: Animal Kingd.om and MGMStud.ios. This time, we figured that we would just drive. We stopped at BobE.vans for breakfast, and then headed to the park. The animal joint was quick and painless. It was like a zoo with a few roller coaster type rides. There weren't any arguments or disagreements to speak of. Later that afternoon, we went to MG.M. That also wasn't an all day thing. There were only about 4 rides, my favorite being the Aero.smith RocknRollCoaster, and of course the To.wer of Terr.or. That was my joint. We had to ride that one a couple of times. Things were okay between Tweety and I. If not warm and fuzzy, we at least were tolerating each other and had no beef. We left the park at around 8 after another full day in the sun. I wasn't quite ready to call it a night.

I, yes I, wanted to go out and explore the nightlife. I know that I'm usually the one that would rather sit at home than go out, but I was in a new city and wanted to see what I could see. I drove towards Univer.sal CityWalk (I think that's what it's called) intending on just hanging out for awhile. That's when the drama began again.

I don't wanna go there.
Okay, where do you want to go?
I don't feel like doing anything. Let's just go back to the room.
It's not even 9 o clock yet. Can we just check out the scene for a minute? We don't have to stay long.
I dont wanna go to a bar. Why would I want to sit there and watch you drink?
We don't have to go to a bar. Let's just see what's down there. It'll be fun.
No, take me back.
Huh? Are you kidding me?
No, I'm not kidding.

Da hell? I'm supposed to just sit around the hotel room doing nothing. I could do that at home. I did everything that Tweety wanted to do all trip, and she can't even roll with me for a minute? It was just ridiculous to me. I tried one other tactic as I was driving back.

You hungry?
Yeah.
Okay, lets go to Giord.anos.
Let's do that tomorrow. I'm not in the mood for pizza.
I'm telling you. This pizza will change your life. You should try it.

I pulled into the parking lot assuming that she would agree. That's what I get for assuming, I guess. She wouldn't get out of the car.

Rashan, I told you I don't wanna go here.
Come on, this is the only thing on the agenda that I wanted.
I'm not going.
So what do you want to eat then?
Anything but this.
You love pizza. Why you acting like that?
I'm not getting out. You gonna have to drag me out the car.
Come on with that. That's the second time you made a little comment like that. Stop insinuating that I'm a wife beater or something.
You aint crazy.
Fuck it, let's go!

I drove back to the hotel and got out the car. I went in the hotel room hoping that she would not follow. I was too through with the whole situation. I wanted to have some fun, maybe have a little dinner, a drink or two, but instead I was having the life sucked out of me by this woman that up until 2 days ago, I would have sworn was normal. The night ended with me watching Sportscenter on my bed, and her playing solitaire on her phone in her bed. 3 nights in Orlando, 3 nights in separate beds, 3 nights of no booty, 3 nights of wishing I was anywhere else but there. Could Day 4 get any worse?

The Road Trip From Hell!!! Day 4

The answer to the above question of course was yes. This was the last day and night we were scheduled to be in Florida. The agenda... tentative at best was to go to Ep.cot, and somehow I was gonna make it to Giord.ano's if it killed me. As I woke up, there was no good morning or any pleasantries exchanged. We were like 2 strangers forced together in a room. We showered and dressed in near silence, except for an occasional "excuse me" as we reluctantly shared the sink and mirror. Before we left the room, I hesistantly spoke up.

Are you sure you wanna do this?
We came here to go to the parks, and that's what we are gonna do.

So we did. Epco.t was cool as hell for a big nerd like myself. Seeing the different countries and stuff was right up my alley. My companion didn't really matter since I was paying attention to the exhibits, instead of her. It seemed like that was the best approach. Only speak when necessary and there could be no arguments. Until we got to the Mexico exhibit. Apparently I was taking too much time looking at everything. Tweety was annoyed. She just walked out the building. I saw her, but I pretended like I didn't. I recognized the signs and knew that another unnecessary argument was coming. Standing on the steps, it came to a head.

You just gonna leave me?
I was bored.
Like I wasn't bored when you were standing in line to take a picture with The Beast.
Whatever!
I'm saying, you could have just said let's go, and we woulda left. Walking off is some childish stuff.
Ugggh!! Let's go. I'm tired of walking around here.
Didn't you want to come here? I don't think it was my idea.
I didn't know you would act like this the whole trip.
Okaaaay. I was just talking about Epco.t. But if you wanna talk about the whole trip, we can do this. I can't beleive you even have the nerve to say anything with the way you been acting. You're like a totally different person.
You too.
Fine let's just go. No need being here if you aren't gonna have fun.
You ain't said nothing but a word! Which way is the exit?

Tweety started walking with a deliberate gait towards the exit. I lagged behind a little. I wasn't worried about her leaving me, since I had the car keys, but I made sure to keep her in sight. I probably should have told her that she was going the wrong way, but instead I just let her figure it out herself. I wanted to allow her to throw her tantrum without interference from me. In my mind, I was thinking...One more day. Just make it one more day and then you never have to see her again. This relationship obviously isn't gonna work, but don't break up with her now. That would make for an awkward car ride home. I worked out in my head what I was gonna say. I was going to derive pleasure from this break up. Hell, even if she broke up with me instead that would still be cool. I don't care who says it first just as long as it gets said. I have to say that those thoughts made the walk back to the car more enjoyable. When we got to the car I had a smirk on my face a mile wide.

What are you smirking about?
Nuthin'
Give me the keys. I wanna drive.

I tossed her the keys, not even opening the door for her as was my habit. I got in, buckled up and stared out the passenger side window. It was still early afternoon. The sun was beating down on my face and the happy thought of breaking up still swirled in my mind. When we got to the hotel, I spoke.

Lemme hold the keys. I'm gonna go get something to eat.
No!
Whaddya mean, no? I'm going to go check out the Cit.yWa.lk and then stop at Gior.dano's to get my pizza.
You cant take the car!
Why not?
The car is in my name. I don't want you to take it, so you aren't taking it.
Word?!? It's like that?
Yeah!
That's just being ridiculous. If you don't wanna do anything, why do I have to sit here?
Cuz I said so!

I thought for a second. I really can't be here right now. This was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. What if I did the same thing? The hotel was in my name, you can't stay here. I should say that to her. But I didn't, instead I just walked. I don't know how long I walked, but I do know that I did stop at the first gas station and bought me a pack of BlackNMild. I never ever smoked around her, but today I couldn't help it. I needed something to calm my nerves. As the tobacco took over, I started to feel better. I started to think clearly. Something had to give. Ain't no way I was riding home 8 hours with Tweety. After making the walk back to the hotel, I stopped in the lobby to try to find another way home. I made some calls to the airport to see how much a flight home would be. I researched one way car rentals. Hell, I even called Greyhoun.d. I couldn't find any available flights, the rental car companies wouldn't do one way trips unless I had a plane ticket and Grey.hound would took 2 days to get back home. I was stuck with Tweety.

The sun had long since set when I finally made my way back to the room. As I put the magnetic key in the door, I saw she was sitting on her bed trying to hide her tears. I walked past her without saying a word, got some clothes out my suitcase and took a shower. After the longest shower known to man, I packed my shit and asked...

What time are we leaving tomorrow.
11
Okay/

No more words were exchanged the rest of the night. She slept in her bed, I slept in mine. Day 4 was a wrap.

The Road Trip From Hell!!!: Day 5

Day 5 started out like the previous 3. There was a palpatable tension in the air. I was determined not to say anything to set her off. Over the last few days, I discovered I was pretty good at pushing Tweety's buttons, even when I wasn't trying. All I wanted was a peaceful ride home and to stop and get my Giordan.os stuffed pizza to take home. All in all, if I could get that, I could consider the trip a success. Lose a girlfriend, get a pizza... yep that works for me. LOL In order to do that, I had to talk to her.

Can we please stop at Giord.anos on the way home?
We'll see.
Please, you know that's the only thing I wanted on this trip.
I said we'll see.
Okay.

I packed the car up and turned the keys in at the front desk. When the clerk asked if I enjoyed my stay, I lied and said yes. No need in bringing her down too. I got in the passenger side of the car as Tweety drove. We drove towards and then right past the restaurant.

Hey, Giordan.os is right there. You passed it.
I know. That's cuz we aren't going.
Why not?
I just want to go home.
So Fucking Ridiculous!!!
I'm ridiculous? You crying over some pizza.
Okay, just don't talk to me for the rest of the trip.
I didn't plan to.
And don't ask me to drive either. The car is in your name remember.
Fine, I can drive the whole way! You can't drive anyway. I don't need you!
Good, cuz you don't have me anymore.

*silence* - The car ride alternated between silence and loud gospel music, but no conversation. When we stopped for gas, I bought a CD player and some headphones and listened to underground hip hop music the rest of the ride. I didn't sleep, I just stared out the window alone with my thoughts. Before I knew it, I started recognizing the highway signs. I was almost home. I never thought I would be so happy to see Marietta, Ga! I got out the car, got my stuff and walked up the stairs to my apartment. Tweety followed me up.

You need to use the bathroom or something?
Shouldn't we talk about this?
Ain't nothing to talk about. If you need to rest, come on up. Feel free to take the bed. I'll be out here in the living room.
You don't have anything to say?
Nah, not really. We took a trip together and it turned out to be the worst idea ever. We both know that. Nothing left to say.
So, its over...
Uh...yeah. I think that would be a fair assessment.

She stayed for a few more hours then drove back home to Hanganiggaville. We didn't talk for a couple of weeks. Somehow, we got back together. I can't even explain how it happened, but we stayed together for another 6 months before we finally realized that we would be much better as friends. We just were not meant to be in a relationship. Tweety knows that I tell this story all the time, and knew that I would eventually tell it on my blog. I had to. This was the craziest relationship story I have, and it is all 100% true, well maybe 98%. I'm sure I embellished a little. Thanks for reading. We now return you to your regularly scheduled lives.