Friday, December 28, 2007

The Best (And Worst) Of 2007

Here is the Best of 2007, one man's opinion. Feel free to share your "Best Of" in the comments or better yet, make it a blog post. Just let me know so I can check it out.

Best TV shows
1. L.ost
2. Pus.hing Da.isies
3. The So.p.ranos

It kills me to not put 24 on this list, but last year the show was predictible and pretty much a repeat of what happened before. Hopefully, the writers strike will end soon and I can get into it again.

Dance crazes that I just don't get
1. Sou..lja Boy "Sup.erm.an"
2. Cu.pid "Cupi.d Sh.uffle"
3. Dj U.nk - "Wa.lk i.t Ou.t"

It seemed like everybody had a dance this year. It's like cats you ain't never heard of coming on the radio telling how to dance.

Best Dates
1. The Ste.vie Won.der Concert.
2. "The Pu.rsuit of Hap.pyn.ess" (not for the movie, but for the extracurriculars.)
3. Taking my niece to dinner

I didn't have too many to choose from. I had a nice little run with Ph.D for about a month or two before that dried up. 2008, it's on though. I'm gonna put myself out there more. (yeah, right!)

Worst Sports Experiences
1. Mic.hael Fu.cking Vi.ck!! Don't need to say anything else about that.
2. Isi.ah Fuc.king Tho.mas!! I don't know how I remain a Kn.icks fan.
3. Univ.ersity of Ge.orgia getting cheated out of playing for the NCAA championship. If you are ranked 4th and 1 and 2 lose, then you move up to 2nd. That's just logic. How in the hell did they drop to 5th?

It's been a bad year for my sports teams. I did however enjoy the Co.lts winning the Su.per Bow.l in February.

Best Hip Hop Albums of the Year.
1. Kan.ye We.st - Gradua.tion
2. Lit.tle Bro.ther - G.etback
3. Tal.ib. Kwe.li - Eardr.um

Honorable Mention to Co.mmon, Ghostf.ace Killa.h, and Me.dian. I tried to like J.ay-Z's album, but it's not working for me. N..as was pretty good too, after it grew on me, but I think it was released late 2006. I'll admit there are probably some other good ones out there, but I didn't really buy many CDs this year.

Worst So-Called Entertainment Stories of the Year (AKA the stuff that I don't care about, but is always on TV)
1 Pari.s Hi.lton going to jail.
2. Anything Brit.ney .Spears related.
3 Lind.say Loh.an's drunk and high ass.

I'm saying, this stuff gets reported like its real news. It is annoying beyond beleif. I'm sure there are plenty of people that like hearing about them, but everything has its time and place. A gossip blog, yes. News programs, not so much.

Secret crushes of the year.
1. This chick
2. Anonymous blogger (you may think you know, but you are probably wrong. I'll neither confirm or deny. LOL)
3. Co-worker girl that quit back in April.

I never told any of them. How lame am I?

Celebrity Crushes of the year.
1. Gabr.ielle Un.ion - Until I meet her, she will always be my celebrity crush.
2. Jean Grae - I know, nobody knows who that is but me, but I gotta thing for women who can rap.
3. Sop.hie Okon.edo - Its that British accent..

I don't really dig celebrities, or maybe its just that there aren't that many Black celebrities out there. Not sure...

Top 3 WTF Moments...
1. Getting Arrested
2. Walking down the side of the highway after 2 tires blew out
3. Dude getting killed in my apt complex/the fire at the neighboring complex

I've had my share of strange shit happen to me this year.

Rashan Sayings of the Year
1. I'm good, yo!
2. fuckouttahere!
3. not-so-much

1 and 2 are really different than 3, but that's real life, right?

Favorite Drinks of 07
1. Grand Marnier
2. Patron (Silver)
3. Hennessy/Jack and coke

I still need to find my own signature drank. Like I could be known as the guy that always is sipping _____. I guess I'll just have to keep experimenting until I find it.

Goofiest R&B Singles
1. Ic.eb.ox
2. Sa.me Girl (Remix)
3. Um.brel.la (ella -ella hey hey)

These are the songs that I will laugh at, but can't get out of my head. So bad, they are good.

I'm getting sleepy now, so I should probably stop. Maybe I'll edit this and add some more categories. I'll take any suggestions you have. Like I said, feel free to add your Best and Worst Of in the comments or on your blog.