Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas MeMe

My competition actually helped me today. I couldn't think of a thing to write about and almost gave up my daily posting, but then I remembered that Jameil did a Christmas Meme the other day. So I promptly stole it and there you have Saturday's post. You know I don't tag anyone, but feel free to take this if you like.



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually do gift bags b/c I don't know how to wrap anything and I'm usually trying to rush out of the mall so I don't want to wait for them to wrap them for me.



2. Tree, real or fake? My family all has allergies so we always had the fake ones.



3. When do you put up the tree? 2001. I think that was the last time I put up a tree. If I still put up a tree, the real answer would be a couple of days after Thanksgiving.



4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day.



5. Do you like eggnog? Sometimes. About every other year, I change between liking it and not liking it. Also I think I'm lactose intolerant so I try to hold off on it.



6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't even call it. I think my Tony Dorsett football jersey in 6th grade was my favorite, but now I can't remember if that was for my birthday or Christmas.



7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, but when I was in high school, we replaced the white baby Jesus with a black baby Jesus in the schools nativity scene. It caused a big, racial divide through out the school. Finally we all came together in the spirit of Christmas and realized it didn't matter what color the baby Jesus was.... Wait, that was a very special episode of some TV show I saw as a kid, not real life. LOL



8. Hardest person to buy for? No one. If I can't figure out what to get you then we have two choices: nothing or gift cards.



9. Favorite Christmas tradition? (I think the real question was easiest person to buy for?) - Watching "The Grinch That Stole Christmas" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" cartoons



10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Some off brand cologne and a scarf from my first stalker. It wasn't that the gifts were bad, they just weren't me. It also was tainted by the fact that she was 46 and I was 19 and she was tryna get with me. Oh yeah, I wrote about that before: LINK



11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm not a card person. If I can't deliver it to you in person, you probably won't get one. Matter of fact, even if I can deliver it to you in person, you still probably won't get one.



12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I know its cliche but I like "It's A Wonderful Life", mostly because of Jimmy Stewart's performance. On another note, I can't stand "A Christmas Story." it just does nothing for me except annoy me. I don't find it endearing at all.



13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year I had some money, so I didn't have to wait til December 1st payday like I usually do. I actually started on November 15.



14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? A long time ago when I used to get presents from my relatives, I did. I got this shaving kit from my Aunt and Uncle, but I only use electric clippers. I recycled it into a work gift.



15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? RED VELVET CAKE!!!!! - I will forgo eating it all year, just so its special at Christmas. I wish I knew where Miss Cynthia was so she could make me one. It was the best I have ever had.



16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored lights make Christmas. Why do people think they are tacky? As long as they aren't the big bulky and gaudy ones, they are perfect. The clear lights lack imagination.



17. Favorite Christmas song? "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire/Jack frost nipping at your nose" - Why can't I remember the actual title of that song?



18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I usually wind up travelling but just to Savannah.



19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I can read them from Jameil's answer, but left to my own devices that would be a no.



20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. I remember that we used to have a star, but one year it was replaced with a black angel and its been like that ever since.



21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Gotta be in the morning otherwise, it's not a Christmas present; It's a day before Christmas present.



22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Black Friday... not the concept of Black Friday, but hearing about how all the business sales are up or down as opposed to last year. Having to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. I don't like when I get P.C.



23. What I love most about Christmas? Being of good cheer and stuff like that. Oh yeah, and Jesus. Shout out to Jesus for being the reason for the season. LOL