Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Post Game Show


I know, I know. I either have way too much time on my hands or I'm completely out of my mind. I'm starting to think, that maybe it's both. You'll see what I mean as you read on.


Announcer #1: Hi, blog fans. I'm Bob Richardson. We are live here in Atlanta, Georgia to present you with the Post Game Show, presented by Blogger. Lots of action to get to, so without further adieu, I'd like to to introduce my co hosts: To my right, Gary Steele, and on my left Ace McAdoo. Lets start with the first quarter. Tell them about Sunday.




Gary: Although the holiday wasn't until Tuesday, the action started on Sunday. Rashan went to work like any other Sunday, but this day was a little different. For starters, his co workers came through with presents. Rashan was a little caught off guard as he had not gotten anything for them, and was unprepared. You can see him thinking to himself, "Damn, now I gotta get them something." Luckily, all it was a Christmas card and a candy cane, so he didn't feel too bad. It was a slow day at work, nothing too much to do, so Rashan took it easy and read blogs and talked all day.



Ace: Thanks for the recap, although I think you did miss one thing. You forgot about the Sangria.



Gary: Thanks for pointing out my error! (under breath - *asshole*) You are right, one of his co workers brought some sangria to work. It took everything in Rashan not to drink it right then and there, but he did what any responsible employee would do, and brought it home. I think we have some visuals for this.








Bob: Thanks, lets move on to the second quarter.



Ace: I'll take this one. Monday was Christmas Eve, as you all know. Rashan had to work early that day. 1:30 - 10:00. The previous night, knowing that he would have wake up about 3 hours earlier than usual, he opted not to drink the tempting sangria, and instead took a sleeping pill to fall asleep quickly. Well, it didn't work, but that was just a minor setback. See, Rashan is an experienced insomniac, so the lack of sleep didn't bother him. He got up and went to work, dressed in a festive tie and full of good cheer. He knew that the day ahead would be easy, and for the most part, it didn't disappoint. Rashan pretty much did no work on Monday.



Gary: I understand that there were some complications that arose though? Tell us about it.

Ace: I was just about to when you interrupted. (under breath *douchebag*) At Rashan's job it's tradition that on holidays management provides food for the employees. Monday was no exception. The problem was that there was not enough food to go around. As Rashan's manager was out of the office yet again, nobody told his team that it was time to eat. When Rashan finally spoke up, all the food was gone. Rashan, who is notorious for not eating at work, didn't care, but some of his teammates were pretty upset by this percieved slight. What ensued next was a virtual bitch fest, a cavalcade of hurt feelings, and many speeches citing that "it was the principle" of being forgotten. Rashan did his best to keep the peace, before finally realizing he was fighting a losing battle and retreating into instant messages and friendly flirtatious conversation. He was elated when 10 PM rolled by and wasted no time getting the F outta there. I believe we have some footage of Rashan in his snow man tie...






Bob: You can't say that on TV! Let's keep this PG-13. (fake laughter) Let's move on to the third quarter.



Gary: I'll try to keep this clean, unlike my esteemed colleague. Christmas Eve night! Rashan left work and instead of heading immediately home, he went to see some of his friends. They were having a get together for family at their house. One thing that you can count on with Rashan is his never arriving empty handed. He called and asked what they were drinking on, and true to form, took the time to stop off at a local liquor store to pick up another bottle. When he arrived, there were a slew of unfamiliar faces, but he remained undaunted. Rashan did NOT give in to the anti social tendencies that sometimes afflict him. Rashan, ate fish and macaroni and cheese, and sipped on Hennessy as he listened to conversations about people he didn't know and subjects he had no input on. After most of the family left, he played some Madden 08, winning a close game playing with Eagles, and getting blown out playing with the Saints. Although he wanted to have a tiebreaker, he realized it was getting late and he had a long drive ahead of him, so he called it a night. Let's show the footage.





Bob: Sorry, folks. Look like we are having technical difficulties and are unable to bring you visuals of the third quarter. We'll try to get that problem corrected as soon as possible. The fourth quarter is up next. Let's have a recap.



Ace: Folks, before I start, let me just apologize for my earlier language. I promise you that I meant no harm. Tuesday was Christmas. The plan was to hang out with the family, eat dinner out at his brothers house, and basically chill. I have to tell you that Rashan executed this game plan to perfection. Aside from the annoying generic text messages that woke him up too early, and the delayed start time of Christmas dinner, the fourth quarter went off without a hitch. Rashan chilled all day just like he wanted to. He hung out with the family and saw them enjoy their gifts. Although a little late, he also drove out to Newnan to have dinner with his brother and his wife.



Bob: I understand something a little funny happened on Tuesday. Tell us all about it.



Ace: This is a funny story. Do you remember the Chia Shrek that Rashan got in his Secret Santa game last week. Well, he gave it to his niece after discussing his displeasure with the "gift." Well, Rashan's family thought it would be funny if they re wrapped the Chia pet and presented it to him as a new present. The look on Rashan's face was classic as he tore through the wrapping paper, only to discover that his re-gifted gift had been re-gifted once again.






Bob: Wow, it seems like Rashan's whole family are jerks!

Announcer #3 - It certainly seems that way. It is comforting to know that Rashan is not alone in his jerkiness. Let's show a couple of images from the Christmas celebration. As you can see, Rashan was right at home with his new nephew, Justin. I beleive that he fell asleep in his uncle's arms. Everybody say "awwww"






Bob: There you have it. Altogether a successful Christmas holiday for Rashan. I know he was hoping that someone would have gotten him a real present, but nevertheless, his holiday spirit remains intact. Maybe next year, he will stop alienating people and receive that elusive present he's been hoping for over the last few years. Thanks for sticking around for the Post Game Show, presented by Blogger. Stay tuned for your local news, except on the West Coast, where the classic Christmas episode of "Good Times" featuring Penny's adoption airs. See you next time!!!


See, I told you I was nuts. Anyone who can tell me where I got the names Ace and Gary from, will be my friend forever and ever. LOL. Have a great day!!!