Monday, December 10, 2007

Yeah... Pretty Dumb!!!

I swear these dudes reading my ish. Just when I talked about being under appreciated, I come in to work and have an award waiting for me: The Peer to Peer award. Basically, my team petitioned to have me recognized for all the extra work I do. It was pretty cool, because management and the unit manager had to sign off on it, so I guess I am not under appreciated as I thought. I'm still might be on the way out the door though.

You ever see someone who was so pretty then when you actually speak to them, you realize that there's nobody home upstairs? I keep finding myself disappointed at work. There are three managers in my department that are dead fine, but I swear they are dumb as rocks. It's just not right. And its not that they are sleeping there way to the top, because they have actually paid their dues. They just are ridiculously not at all there. For instance, last week when my manager was out, we'll call her Pretty, Dumb Manager #1 took a call from an employee who called out sick. Why does she come to me to have me talk to the employee. When I said, "umm... I don't think I'm allowed to do attendance," she says "Duuh, oh yeah I be forgetting." Can I tell you that about 90% of her attractiveness waned after that statement?

Pretty, Dumb Manager #2 brought her team into my squad's team meeting. I asked her if she wanted to run the meeting. She said "no, I'll let you handle it." Cool, now someone can see what the fuck I be doing everyday. Sounds good, but every 4 minutes (cuz she couldn't wait 5) she chose to interject and say THE SAME DAMN THING I just said. And then at the end of the meeting, when we didn't finish going over the information, she had the nerve to ask how come I didn't finish. I politely said that it was a lot of information to cover, but the fact is if she would have kept her mildly retarded ass quiet, I could have finished. Oh well, what can you do?

Pretty, Dumb Manager # 3 is the hottest of the hot chicks. Coincidentally, or maybe not, she also was the dumbest of them all. I mean, talking to her was like talking to a hot air balloon. I know sometimes I may mumble, but I know I was talking very clearly. I explained the problem like 3 times, all to her response "huh?" It was damn near impossible not to show on my face that I was blowed with her. I just said, thank you. I'll handle it and went to ask someone else less attractive.

I thought things were changing. I didn't know hot and dumb were synonymous again. Even though I wasn't trying to holla it still was a big ass disappointment.