Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Epidemic

Ladies, I don’t want to be that dude. The one that tells you how to be a better woman, but I have to this time. There’s an epidemic spreading that needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets out of control. Maybe I’m too late. Maybe the situation is already too untenable to be managed. I don’t know. But I do know that I in good conscience cannot sit idly by and watch you continue to do this to yourselves and our community. It’s just really, really unacceptable.

You pride yourselves on your appearance. I mean, you are some of the most stylish people on the planet. You come to work immaculate, or as Al .Re.yn.olds would say…“clea.ner than the boa.rd of he.alth.” Fresh to death in your stilettos, and tight skirts, with the tops displaying just the right amount of cleavage. You keep your hair done in the latest fashions, accessorized to the nines. Physically, you are what every man dreams about and lusts for. To have a woman like you on his arm would every man’s fantasy.

So, what’s the problem? Behind this physical attractiveness lies a huge problem. I really don’t want to be the one to tell you this, but I feel that it’s my duty. As fine as you are, you cannot expect to keep a man if you don’t stop doing this. No man, in his right mind, will claim you as his woman as long as you keep up this behavior. If you want to know why you don’t have a man, as fine as you are, allow me to enlighten you. Ladies, here’s the problem…

STOP SPITTING!!!! That is some gross ish right there. How you gonna just be all fresh, but then spit on the sidewalk? Cut that mess out. It’s bad enough when a man does it, but it is so unladylike. You may be thinking, “Oh Rashan is just the only one that cares”, but no, it’s not just me. I was talking to my homeboy the other day. He was clocking this tall, mahogany honey. Just as he was about to approach, she hawked one back and let it loose on the concrete. Dude was disgusted, as was I. That just ain’t cool. I mean who wants to romance a woman that is reminiscent of a baseball player with some chew. Nasty!!! Please, ladies. I need you to stop with the spitting. Come on, if you won’t do it for yourselves, then please do it for me!!! Please!!!!

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the good folks at Beats, Rhymes and Life…

PS – If you are a spitter, please don’t tell me in the comments. I don’t wanna taint my image of you. Just stop with the spitting please!!! LOL