Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dear Summer

Dear Summer,

It's your dude, Rah! You ready to get it in? I know I'm a few days late, but I want to take this time to touch bases with you. Summer, you know what I need, so let's make it happen. Just in case you don't know, let me delineate for you. I NEED FUN!!!

That's what I need you to provide for me, nah mean? I'm talking about forgetting that I'm anti social. I'm talking about parties and cookouts. I'm talking about dancing and drinking (well other way around). I'm talking about road trips! Last year, what did I do with you summer? Don't think too hard on it. It was nothing. I mean I went to work. I came home. I went to work. I came home. Lather, rinse, repeat! At least that's how it was in June and July. You waited until August to provide me with some entertainment. Is that any way to do your boy? After all these years we rode together, you gonna give me 33% effort? That's wack, summer!

Remember the old days when we used to roll thick in the summer? Remember the riding the bike far beyond where my mom thought I was. Or how good it was to see the ice cream man after a long hot day of playing outside? The hanging out with friends from the early morning until the street lights came on? I know I got a job now, so that's not possible. But I just wanted to remind you of whence we came. How about trips to the beach, and 4th of July cookouts? Hell, the cookouts just because we wanted to hang with our people? Remember that? Or hitting up Chicago for the Taste, road trips to Dallas, or weekends out of town just for the heck of it? That's what I'm talking about, Summer. Let's get back to the fun.

So, what you got for me? I'll be anxiously awaiting your entertainment. You do your part and I'll do mine. If you build it, I will come. We missed about a week of fun, so I'll expect you to double up on it post haste. Don't front on me, kid! You know my favorite season is coming up in just a few months. Why don't you see if you can give Autumn a run for her money?

Thanks in Advance,

Rashan Jamal