Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Confess

Check it out, yo! I got a confession to make. I know, you probably wont believe this cuz I be lying all the time, but I swear to you it's true. I can see you right now looking at your computers with skepticism. What outlandish tall tale is Rashan gonna tell now? What can he say now to get us all emotionally involved only to pull the rug out from under us at the last minute? Why he be making stuff up all the time? I understand if that's your reaction. But I'm gonna tell you anyway. You may not believe me, and I am aware that I've cried wolf far too many times to get upset if you doubt my veracity. But here goes my confession: Last Wednesday, I traveled 5.5 hours to hang out with a woman I met on the internet.





I know what you are thinking. Rashan + Woman from internet = Crazy, dramatic story time. But I have to tell you that it's nothing like that at all. I know my history, and my self professed theory that everyone on the internet is crazy. I know, I've repeated that so many times that it's like a mantra. Post about your blog crush; I'll say "everybody on the internet is crazy." Ask me about what I think about the latest hot blogger chick; my reply "everybody on the internet is crazy." Try to get me to come hang out with you; my inner thought: "Uhhh, no. Everybody on the internet is crazy." But this situation is different.





I've been talking to her for a while now. What started on the internet has moved past that. Marathon phone calls, forgoing sleep to talk to her, it just was all so "Teena.ge Love Af.fair" you know, if Alicia was mad old and never met the person she was singing about. Anyway, the opportunity arose to meet in person, and I jumped at it. She lives up North, so we planned to meet halfway in Hillsville, Virginia, home of the .19 % Negroid population. It's a little town in the middle of nowhere, but they had hotels and restaurants and it was perfectly halfway in driving length according to M.apqu.est: Like 5 hours and 30 minutes. We met on Wednesday, July 16th!! (always has to have 2 exclamation points following it.)





You still with me? Think I'm making it up? I promise this is the truth... Let's continue. So, we arrived within 10 minutes of each other and gave each other a big hug. I have to admit, it was a little weird at first. I mean, hanging with someone that you've been talking to for awhile, but never interacted with in the flesh is enough to weird you out. I tried my best to hide my uneasiness so as to not make her any more uneasy. Eventually, we got past any uncomfortableness we may have been feeling and settled down and had a good time. We pretty much just hung out and watched TV and talked and enjoyed each other's company. She made me watch Pro.ject Ru.nway, which was bearable because I was drinking beer. It's like the beer canceled out the ghey qualities of the show. LOL. We also watched Ru.n's Ho.use, where my new favorite phrase was coined: Boneless Chicken Dinner. It's an egg. LOL Okay, I digress but that should prove that I'm telling you the truth. Who makes up that level of detail for a lie?




There wasn't much to do in Hillsville. We discussed going to a nearby winery or drive in movie, but didn't. Besides, it was more a trip to get to know each other in person. The second day we had Mexican and Margaritas. I brought a bottle of Patron, but we never got around to drinking it. I'm gonna take my confession one step further. I'm in like. I really like this woman. Perhaps, I should pretend that I don't, but you know, whatever! She knows and now you know. Stop shaking your head at me. I swear this is all true. I didn't make any of this up. No embellishment...





Oh, I get it. You need visual proof, right? Maybe a few pictures or something? Okay, well check this out. Click this link and you will see that I am not joking. Go ahead, I'll wait... So, right now either you are clicking the link or saying to yourself, "Rashan is trying to trick me. I'm not gonna click the link." Again, I promise it's real.





You back? Good. So now you know I was telling the truth...and yes, that is who you think it is!