Monday, July 14, 2008

Please Don't Like Him

Please don't like him.. He's no item.. He don't wife em. He's hardly nice to em...

Yeah, so I had to switch up the lyrics a lil bit. I don't be one nighting anyone. Well, maybe once, but that was almost 15 years ago. But for real, I wish I could tell some people out there not to like me. I ain't the one for you. Honestly, I don't understand why some women react so strongly to me. Don't get me wrong. I know that I'm extremely good looking and that my sparkling personality is extremely attractive, but come on. There is no reason that I can determine that I should get stalked and fixated on so much. Lest you think this is an ego thing, just read some of my archives and you'll see that I get more than my share of unwanted attention. But why me?

I mean, I'm not the type that women typically go for. I'm not tall, there ain't no six next to feet in my height. I'm not muscular, bout the only thing that's diesel on me are my shoulders and powerful calves. I don't be flashing money. Hell, I got a little bit of change, enough just to get by. I don't have a new whip, my car is a teenager. So what does that leave? Maybe its my personality. Yeah, but I'm weird. I'm sarcastic, standoffish, difficult if you will. If you get on my nerves, I might say something mean to you. It's just the way it is. All that is not normally conducive to people liking you. But for me its the opposite. No matter how much I push people away, they keep coming back for me. I really don't get it.

That's not to say that I'm like that when I'm interested in someone. They get to know the real me. The one that is, dare I say, nice. The one that people label "sweet", which I just don't like for everybody to know. The one that knows how to control his jerkish tendencies. But I need to know, what is it about me that causes random people to like me so much? Do I be sprinkling crack on my blog? Do my conversations have extra addictive qualities? Is ignoring people and making jokes at their expense what's hot for the 08? I even told a woman that she was a stalker to her face, and she laughed it off. I just don't get it. Please don't like him if he doesn't like you back. It'll make things easier for both of us. Thanks in advance.