Friday, November 30, 2007

The Beginning

"I know it sounds like an ending, this is a beginning." Big Pooh Of Little Brother "When Everything Is New"

November is coming to a close and with it, the end of National Blog Posting Month approaches. I didn't know if I could do it, but for all my protests and complaints, I actually posted everyday without a problem. Yeah, a couple of days there were some short bullshit posts, but for the most part I'll stand by what I wrote. I guess what that means is that I am now an official blogger again. No more one post a week from me. I look back at the beginning of the year and see that a lot has changed. In addition to no longer being a sporadic at best blogger, my entire outlook seems to have changed. I feel good, dammit and I'm gonna keep on feeling good. Even when I complain about something now, its done with the understanding that its all a part of life, and life is about living. No more wallowing about what should be or could be. I'm back to the old Rashan. The one that celebrates differences and revels in the craziness that surrounds me. Nothing is gonna get me down.

Okay, so apparently I still have a whole stream of consciousness thing going on, because this is not the post I intended to write. I was just trying to point out that I'm here to stay now. My name is Rashan and I'm a blogaholic. I wanna give thanks to Jameil for inspiring me to post everyday. Even though I know she wasn't talking directly to me when she put that post on her blog, I took it and ran with it. I also wanna thank all of you that come by and comment on my ramblings everyday. Sure, I could do it without you, but I wouldn't want to. Also, the lurkers, the people I know are reading everyday, but don't say anything, I appreciate you too. I hope that you are enjoying what you read and hey, don't be shy. Say what's up every once in awhile. I don't bite. LOL

So, this is not the end. It's a new beginning of my blog life. I like writing regularly, and even if I don't do it every day next month, I know that I'll be around a lot more than I used to be. I hope you all will stick around and check me out. One!

Had to get back to me, get back to mines
Get back to fam, get back to rhymes
Lay down at night and say without shame
Today I was a man, tomorrow I'll be the same
Be a bonfire when others are just a flame
Be a memory when others are just a name..
That's real words from a true heart
You can take it as a old ending or a new start

Phonte of Little Brother "When Everything Is New"